Go Back   IceInSpace > Beginners Start Here > Beginners Astrophotography

Old 26-11-2020, 11:59 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

It is a wonderful image Robert...what I find with more and more exposures is you can get super critical as to what you end up stacking and that in itself I think translates into more is better.
One thing..don't let trying to get more detail, which often turns out to have us looking for hidden nebulosity, cause you to lose focus on the detail in the main object..if we can call it that..given the quality you have achieved I suspect you can get even better detail for the spider..you could see if a " burn" will help but perhaps work up an image concentrating on the spider part which you finally merge in ..like you would do with the core of M42.
However the image you have now is top shelf ...and contrary to others comments to go longer if I were to add anything it probably would be getting shorter exposures off the spider..shorter to me means crisper..and seeing if you can sharpen the spider detail.
Alex
Old 27-11-2020, 02:11 PM
Robert_T
aiming for 2nd Halley's

Quote:
Originally Posted by xelasnave View Post
It is a wonderful image Robert...what I find with more and more exposures is you can get super critical as to what you end up stacking and that in itself I think translates into more is better.
One thing..don't let trying to get more detail, which often turns out to have us looking for hidden nebulosity, cause you to lose focus on the detail in the main object..if we can call it that..given the quality you have achieved I suspect you can get even better detail for the spider..you could see if a " burn" will help but perhaps work up an image concentrating on the spider part which you finally merge in ..like you would do with the core of M42.
However the image you have now is top shelf ...and contrary to others comments to go longer if I were to add anything it probably would be getting shorter exposures off the spider..shorter to me means crisper..and seeing if you can sharpen the spider detail.
Alex
thanks Alex, that's great advice. I have some experience with HDR imaging and could use that here to merge. cheers robert