Go Back   IceInSpace > General Astronomy > General Chat
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2019, 11:13 PM
Bobbyoutback

Silver is still undervalued

On the 7th of July I said Silver was undervalued , at the time the spot price was $21.41au per ounce .
Tonight as I type 7th of August it's $25.24 .

Hope some of you bought when suggested

Bobby .
Old 07-08-2019, 11:19 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbyoutback View Post
On the 7th of July I said Silver was undervalued , at the time the spot price was $21.41au per ounce .
Tonight as I type 7th of August it's $25.24 .

Hope some of you bought when suggested

Bobby .
What's your next big tip.
I think your chat here caused a rush ...they are watching you know.
Alex
Old 08-08-2019, 12:32 AM
Bobbyoutback

Quote:
Originally Posted by xelasnave View Post
What's your next big tip.
I think your chat here caused a rush ...they are watching you know.
Alex
Hello Alex ' hope you are well & enjoying life on this planet .

As to your question , fiat currencies are are just promissory notes , now we are at the start of this so called money degrade regarding purchase power .

The world is awash with this sort of BS money , it's just dept creation , and we are going to see more of this created digital money .
Then inflation will start as the BS money starts to chase real goods that can't be just created out of the blue like BS money .

Paper money will be replaced , all transactions will be on your card .
Giving full control to check what you spend on .

Then humans will seek to deal with only real money that can't be just created .

Gold & Silver will surge above to-days low manipulated value .

Have Fun
Bobby .
Old 08-08-2019, 12:05 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Hello Alex ' hope you are well & enjoying life on this planet .

As to your question , fiat currencies are are just promissory notes , now we are at the start of this so called money degrade regarding purchase power .

The world is awash with this sort of BS money , it's just dept creation , and we are going to see more of this created digital money .
Then inflation will start as the BS money starts to chase real goods that can't be just created out of the blue like BS money .

Paper money will be replaced , all transactions will be on your card .
Giving full control to check what you spend on .

Then humans will seek to deal with only real money that can't be just created .

Gold & Silver will surge above to-days low manipulated value .

Have Fun
Bobby .
Yes I am aware of how the US or rather the Fed prints money etc. Certainly concerning but so far it works. You focus on a small part of the problem as it is the non escapable flaw in the market economy that requires continued growth...when everyone on the planet has two cars a big house and a boat we are doomed.
Yet for all its flaws it is best suited for humans as they also have many flaws.
It reflects nature to a degree although most folk won't see the parallel.
I predict that silver will go down at some point in the future and rise again followed by another fall but overall will steady go up.
I wonder why the rise occurred ..was the net awash with claims it was undervalued.
Perhaps it's price (as opposed to value) reflects the markets predominant mood.
Say if there was threat of war would it go up or down...does the price fluctuate is a new silver mine is found?
Anyways I am pretty sure I have a small fortune in gold on my old place but you can only pan a cubic metre a day, if you could get down the back ridge that is, and I think at best there may be 10 grams per cubic metre...so it's a lot of work ...in fact on my sums it would be low wages at best and a waste of time,more likely, at worst.
Let's hope somehow we will get thru whatever crisis presents and our lives continue to be perhaps the best humans have ever experienced in their long but short history.
Alex
Old 08-08-2019, 07:21 PM
Bobbyoutback

Quote:
Anyways I am pretty sure I have a small fortune in gold on my old place but you can only pan a cubic metre a day, if you could get down the back ridge that is, and I think at best there may be 10 grams per cubic metre...so it's a lot of work ...in fact on my sums it would be low wages at best and a waste of time,more likely, at worst.

Alex
There is a new invention that works by turning dry dirt into a liquid state momentarily allowing any gold to drop out .
It's fast super efficient & easy to use , you just throw the dirt in & turn the handle .

Many prototypes have been developed & trialled since the first 2014 model was field tested .
Only this year the perfect design finally evolved

Below is a pic of that 2014 unit .
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (goldchurn1_zps3638e38b.jpg)
119.7 KB53 views
Old 08-08-2019, 10:00 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
There is a new invention that works by turning dry dirt into a liquid state momentarily allowing any gold to drop out .
It's fast super efficient & easy to use , you just throw the dirt in & turn the handle .

Many prototypes have been developed & trialled since the first 2014 model was field tested .
Only this year the perfect design finally evolved

Below is a pic of that 2014 unit .
One metre a day is what you can do is the bottom line.
And believe me I doubt there is a method to extract gold that I don't know about. I had a somewhat obsessional stage of interest which in my case means no stone unturned plus a multitude of ideas that I come up with hitterti unknown.
But if you want to drop by I will show you where to dig just give me 19% if all you find and I will be happy.
Alex
Old 08-08-2019, 10:35 PM
GrahamL
pro lumen

Most all old mine tailings have a per /ton recovery that the owners know very well a lot get looked at in recent times some just dont because to get it out costs so much more than what you get back .

Chasing gold would have to be one of the most time / money things you could embark on with little hope of a win , a simple sluice on the side of a creek lying in the sun on a pleasant afternoon is also part of the fun.
Old 08-08-2019, 11:16 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

A mate of a mate worked at it for 12 months, putting in working weeks and times, with a six inch illegal dredge ..at the time got about $18k for a years effort which back then was modest wages without taking into account cost of the gear etc ...main mate did get half an Oz in two days but he has more days where he only gets a couple of grams..
Alex
Old 08-08-2019, 11:35 PM
Bobbyoutback

Quote:
One metre a day is what you can do is the bottom line.
And believe me I doubt there is a method to extract gold that I don't know about. I had a somewhat obsessional stage of interest which in my case means no stone unturned plus a multitude of ideas that I come up with hitterti unknown.
But if you want to drop by I will show you where to dig just give me 19% if all you find and I will be happy.
Alex
Alex ' that is a generous offer one meter a day ? these units would eat through that in an hour .
But the material has to be dry & classified to half inch size .

Have you ever seen this design below ( 2016 model ) being field tested back then.
To discharge the tailings one just reverses the turn .
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (round winder.jpg)
92.2 KB25 views
Click for full-size image (field testing 2016.jpg)
188.7 KB21 views
Old 09-08-2019, 05:11 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Basically the cement mixer approach. You just keep shoveling material into a mixer with a constant flow of water (or not) and the gold migrates to the bottom.
One metre per day is all you are allowed to process under the law ...that is the limiting factor.
Alex
Old 10-08-2019, 10:08 PM
Bobbyoutback

Quote:
Basically the cement mixer approach. You just keep shoveling material into a mixer with a constant flow of water (or not) and the gold migrates to the bottom.
One metre per day is all you are allowed to process under the law ...that is the limiting factor.
Alex
That concept of using a cement type unit has been tried many times over the years , it throws out gold !

I made one with a cut down bowl & internal classifier to test it's performance .
Tried every thing a mind could come up with to get it return gold , the design is for mixing stuff with water ' not to collect gold

So moved on with new ideas & models .

See pics of the old converted cement mixer & then the start of next unit .
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (008800x600_zps89812f49.jpg)
118.5 KB11 views
Click for full-size image (SANY0003800x600_zps850448f7.jpg)
196.6 KB15 views
Old 11-08-2019, 12:31 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

I can see you are into it..good on you...I think what the Yanks call a "High banker" is probably ok... nice effort.
alex
Old 11-08-2019, 12:15 PM
Bobbyoutback

Quote:
I can see you are into it..good on you...I think what the Yanks call a "High banker" is probably ok... nice effort.
alex

Thanks Alex for the compliment

Those high-bankers are now illegal in NSW , seems anything powered is banned .

Below is a pic of some gold found using a 2017 model , I cherry picked a few good spots along a dry run off near Tibooburra .
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (gold from winder.jpg)
136.5 KB16 views
Old 11-08-2019, 12:31 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Well it does not surprise me.
You know you can only process a cubic metre per day which probably means only a couple of hours with a high banker.
My solution was to make a sluice that you lay in the stream and let the flow provide power..not in an effort to overcome the law as I did not know but to have a simple unit that I could manage. ..it's not a new idea plenty of folk use one..but I was going to make mine just outta some timber...sure it will wear out but not before I do.

But when I found out you could only process a cubic metre a day I really did lose interest..I recon even in a decent spot you are probably looking at say 3 grams a cube...maybe up to 12 but I bet 3 to 5 would be a good day..sure you may find a great spot and get an Oz in a pan but you probably have more chance at winning lotto.

Do you watch Jeff Williams? If not check him out on YouTube. Out of anyone I found he has some good tips..he has a particular style that at first is hard to take but under that is a man who knows his stuff. You needs to look at all his vids .. he has little tours where folk stay at his place and they go out get good pay dirt and process it back at his place..I think the bed and breakfast approach is where the real gold is..anyways check him out and his friend slim.
Alex

https://youtu.be/UzpvsmIB8Pc

I have not watched this one but if you watch it others will show up..he has his own little mine with a little trolly and explains how to put timbers in...it will take some time but his coverage is very comprehensive..you just have to get past his style..I quiet like it now actually.
Alex

Last edited by RB; 10-10-2019 at 01:45 PM.
Old 11-08-2019, 01:22 PM
Bobbyoutback

Yep I've seen Jeff Williams before , sure is entertaining .

I like this Aussie prospector

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaQnxdR0PYs
Old 11-08-2019, 02:13 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Yep I've seen Jeff Williams before , sure is entertaining .

I like this Aussie prospector

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaQnxdR0PYs
Yes I followed him as well..Have you heard of Dan Hurd?
He is ok as well.
Alex
Old 11-08-2019, 04:08 PM
Bobbyoutback

Great looking beard on Dan but prefer the Aussie channels .

No water were I go ' hence the need to process dry .

I think a new gold rush will happen when gold pushes through the $2500AU price per ounce .
That will happen this year I feel , gold is already $2205 an ounce in Aussie dollars ,

Cheeers & Beers
Bobby .
Old 11-08-2019, 04:15 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Wow that is $71.1290322581 a gram.
Alex

Quote:
Great looking beard on Dan but prefer the Aussie channels .

No water were I go ' hence the need to process dry .

I think a new gold rush will happen when gold pushes through the $2500AU price per ounce .
That will happen this year I feel , gold is already $2205 an ounce in Aussie dollars ,

Cheeers & Beers
Bobby .
The mate of a mate who worked at it seriously for 12 months dredging with a 6 inch set up ( illegal ) says he got a little over a pound ..say he ment 17 ozs that's a little over $40 K ...do you think that will get people out there? And if he only got that much really working at it perhaps the expected return for most would be less...on my place say you got 5 grams a day..that's $350 a day...reasonable but if you could average 10 grams a meter that would start to be interesting..anyways you need a helicopter to get at it.

I think making moonshine may do better

It does seem however in USA and in fact in many countries world wide there are a lot of small time operators..one to four man teams using from high bankers to large earth moving gear..no doubt you have seen the Alaskan gold shows...using Earth moving gear and needing to find about a million a year to cover overhead and make a profit...and others smaller one man shows run high bankers on beaches there and get really good returns like an once every couple of days...and the gold barges they dive for it not far off he beaches.

Anyways my legs hold me back a little plus I have so much to do relating to my hobbies that I really don't have the time...
Alex

Wait $2500 that's $80 a gram 17 Oz x 31...mmm let me work it out again...still under $45000...how much moonshine is that?
Alex

I worked it out 32 litres of moonshine a week��
Alex

Last edited by RB; 10-10-2019 at 01:45 PM.
Old 11-08-2019, 06:21 PM
Bobbyoutback

Moonshine will be much sort after , imagine what you will be able to swap it for !

Exciting isn't it
Old 11-08-2019, 07:23 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Moonshine will be much sort after , imagine what you will be able to swap it for !

Exciting isn't it
Toilet paper??? So what would be the best goods in a bad situation when the world is belly up?

I recon moonshine and baked beans.

Alex