Old 10-05-2014, 12:41 PM
Paul Haese

Graham, i have imaged with the QSI 8300 on an RC8 and found generally that an image scale of around 0.6 to 0.8 arc seconds per pixel produces a good over sampling with can be deconvolved nicely.

I don't think using an 8300 on a 10" would be too bad but you can order 640 from Bintel. My recommendation is to ring bintel to make the order. They don't stock these cameras anyway so ring and place an order.

If you can get a larger sensor like the 11002, either in mono or colour. QSI don't currently have production of these but might in the months to come. SBIG have an integrated system but it is large. Perhaps a larger observatory will help here too.

Colour sensors can be obtained for each of the cameras, so lots of variations are possible.
Old 11-05-2014, 09:15 AM
Peter.M

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazjen View Post
Not meaning to nitpick, but the website lists the cameras as: QSI-640WSG / ATIK 4000LE
All of those cameras contain the same sensor, the differences between the 540 and the 640 are subtle the largest difference I would say is the filter wheel size. And because the ATIK also has the same sensor I would say that it was used to capture colour data all at once.