Old 30-10-2018, 05:30 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Easter Island.

Have a look on google Earth a little to the North West of Easter Island and you will see under the sea what looks like a dome and a variety of rectangular shapes or outlines perhaps unnatural...I cant down load an image but its easy to find.
I saw a show on there being ancient civilizations involved with Easter for reasonable reasons ..you know how those shows make even aloen visitation seem plausible☺..however the sea level rose at a point maybe to hid this perhap hidden town under the sea.
Easy way to find lost cities and craters etc ..anyways I you feel like detective work have a look and tell me its nothing☺
Alex
Old 07-11-2018, 10:38 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

So no one looked☺
Honestly it is strange...about the length of the island to the North West maybe two lengths and the square shape is most interesting.
I think we need to croud fund to mount an expedition...a nice cruiser and diving gear...

Alex
Old 07-11-2018, 11:07 AM
iborg (Philip)

Hi Alex

Does the image in the attached PDF cover the area you are thinking of?

Philip
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Easter Island.pdf (394.6 KB, 54 views)
Old 07-11-2018, 11:48 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Hi Phillip
Yes.
Notice the circle zoom in as it sits at the start of the square section I find interesting.
Alex
Old 07-11-2018, 11:59 AM
mental4astro (Alexander)
kids+wife+scopes=happyman

Alex, don't over think it too much. This entire area is volcanic. Easter Island is volcanic in origin just like the Hawaiian islands. And for that matter, if you look at the Hawaiian islands on Google maps, you will also find the exact same dome shaped structures all around the islands. These are volcanic domes. Heck, even all around New Zealand you will find the exact same structures. The map data given is very crude and shapes will be very geometric too for underwater. These are not first rate marine maps.

Alex.
Old 07-11-2018, 01:10 PM
LewisM
Novichok test rabbit

Volcanic area, image pixelation, resolution, scan insufficiency etc etc. The domes are volcanic domes. They will form islands one day.

Go look at Bass Straight in Google Maps and notice the underwater "highways", zones, cities etc lol
Old 07-11-2018, 05:16 PM
julianh72 (Julian)

Don't forget that Google Maps' ocean floor data is not satellite visual imagery, it is synthetic ocean floor terrain from a variety of sources, rendered to give an idea of known ridges, canyons, sea mounts, etc. Anything which looks artificial (straight lines, rectangles, etc) is almost certainly an artefact of the process used to generate the terrain model from the various data sources.

For example, side-scan sonar can give very detailed resolution when working at the appropriate range and angle, but any area which is shielded by a nearer feature will appear as a "black hole" with a very sharp cut-off from the nearer terrain which is well imaged.

There are large parts of the ocean floor where we know less than we do about the surface of Mars.
Old 08-11-2018, 05:09 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Hi Alex
Thank you for your observations.
However if I can croud fund the expedition do you want to come☺.
I thought the squares unatural but they may be different with better detail...but then if better detail it may show it is indeed a sunken city☺
Alex
Old 08-11-2018, 05:10 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by LewisM View Post
Volcanic area, image pixelation, resolution, scan insufficiency etc etc. The domes are volcanic domes. They will form islands one day.

Go look at Bass Straight in Google Maps and notice the underwater "highways", zones, cities etc lol
So you agree ..it looks like a sunken city.. I will let you know more about the expedition later.
Alex
Old 08-11-2018, 05:13 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Hi Julian
I recall seeing a show on ocean floor mapping and how the process can give an impression and show lines.
Only an expedition can resolve this.
Alex
Old 11-11-2018, 02:03 AM
Max Vondel (Peter)
Time Traveller

LOL Alex, any excuse for a holiday