Go Back   IceInSpace > Beginners Start Here > Beginners Equipment Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2015, 07:24 PM
GaryA

What Lap[top will be very Capable to run Stellarium and RegiStax6 at the same time?

HI Everyone just want to know what type of computer will be capable to run these Programs plus at the same time as I will have another screen or if thats not advisable then able to handle the stacking program without faltering when rendering. I think Stellarium will be able to run off a slightly beefed up laptop but what would be the minimum for both these Programs.
Also what would you rather have if yours not working the best. There maybe old threads on this site but computers/laptops are always updating and so are the programs as well.
I know a little about Computers but little is not enough. I have gone to the Registax 6 site and they recommend 2 CPU'S and this and that. Never heard about 2 CPU but that's how it is. Is it better to use a SSD or a HDD? If as I understand is if any of these items are not properly align they will cause problems in the development of photos and avi files.
I do have a very powerful desk top computer for video editing and was hand made which works quite well but I need to have this in a Laptop but most outlets don't have the same as my computer and the nearest is quite dear at $2500 with 250 Gigabyte SSD. Can anyone help?
Old 09-10-2015, 10:13 PM
doppler (Rick)

I think stellarium will run on anything (I run it on a 9.5 inch netbook, win xp atom proccessor 1gig ram)
With registax I think they probably mean at least a dual core cpu. I suppose it depends on the resolution size of your video clips as to how fast a cpu and how much memory you need.

Rick
Old 09-10-2015, 11:00 PM
GaryA

Quote:
Originally Posted by doppler View Post
I think stellarium will run on anything (I run it on a 9.5 inch netbook, win xp atom proccessor 1gig ram)
With registax I think they probably mean at least a dual core cpu. I suppose it depends on the resolution size of your video clips as to how fast a cpu and how much memory you need.

Rick
Hi Rick I have a old XP Professional Laptop but its battling to do anything. Have had it cleaned out but still useless. It won't even download the Stellarium Program from the net. I think the Anti virus Program is slowing it down too much.
Old 10-10-2015, 08:52 AM
doppler (Rick)

I think that the biggest problem these days is that software has become so bloated that you need to have lots of ram and a fast cpu. The net is the worst, so many add ons are automatically installed and just use up more system resources. My xp desktop used to have a lot of problems after bad (for my system) updates. I don't update anything anymore and my comp has been running fine for a couple of years since, without any issues. I do run Regcure to clean out dead links in the registry now and again. I asume that they are internet related as I don't install or uninstall any software?
Old 12-10-2015, 08:08 AM
dannat (Daniel)
daniel

you should be able to buy a cheap laptop -then buy a 128Gb SSD [can be had for $80] -i put one ito a school machine bought for my eldest, it now runs like a much more expensive machine