Old 11-05-2011, 10:13 PM
Carl

Combined use of Filters

Me again with more questions after viewing ezystyles website

I have an Astronomiks UV/IR clip filter in my modded DSLR. My camera is full spectrum (clear glass) & must use UV/IR clip for focusing and anti Blooming of stars. I didn't want to go with the UV/IR replacement as i am also interested in teresstial IR landscape photography.

I want to get great contrast, detail and colour from images. Eric uses a Baadar UHC-S filter, the glass replacement filter in his camera is UV/IR.
Can i use either:
a) Baadar UHC-S 2" external or
b) Astronomiks CLS-CCD 2" external
to increase contrast with my UV/IR still in camera, or do i have to remove the internal clip.

Sorry for so many questions but there are so many things to learn. I have also emailed Eric

Regards
Carl Rainer
Old 11-05-2011, 11:30 PM
Hagar (Doug)

Hi Carl. Save your money. There is no big gains to be made using these filters in dark skies. Light poluted areas are a different concern but overall at your place the big change to your imaging will be screwed up colour balance with very little sensitivity gain if any. Your modded camera will provide all the sensitivity you need.
The UV IR is a must but if I were you I would forget the others.
Old 12-05-2011, 07:59 AM
Carl

Filters

Thank's Doug
Much appreciate you input. On an older issue, took up you lead and thread regarding myelongated stars. Went down to Bintel bought an extension tube and got it modified to suit the 80-110mm length suggested.
Bloke at work lathed it back and added an internal thread to fit my focal reducer. Fits perfect.
Will test it out when i'm well enough to get outside again.

Cheers
Carl