Old 20-05-2019, 03:40 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Some good news.
I captured an out of focus picture of the bush out side.
No mount control however.
But if it only allows me to take an exposure from inside that is a big thing...
Must have lunch cause I missed breakfast.
Any ideas about the mount problem will be greatly appreciated...from stuff I have read it seems a poor cable could be a problem.
Anyways a little rest first.
Alex
Old 20-05-2019, 03:46 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

I am so happy to have made progress on this...and I sortted the big problem I was having updating norton...I probably should get something else...but I could not get anywhere so I got in touch with norton and had a chat and the guy there took over my machine for over 29 minutes ..Well I hope he was with Norton☺ but I am thinking there must have been something still wrong from my close call a couple of days ago ...
Anyways so far so good.
Alex
Old 22-05-2019, 12:35 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Well updates...spent all day yesterday trying to get skysafari on the new tablet..attempt after attempt..it would not co operate it seemed however it was my net connection as around 10 pm it started downloading and anyways I now have it as well in the new tablet.

As to asiair after much mucking around I have run it thru the hand controler and that works.I was in the process of updating the firmware and realised the cablung would connect to asiair via the hand control with the bits I had...most things seem to work now...like camera, filter wheel, cooler but not the focuser...shows none... it wont even show using a single cable direct to the lap top so I dont know...anyways in time I will get something going. And its shows "none" for guide scope and I cant figure yet how to add its details.
But hopefully that can be made work as well.

But I am happy as hopefully when I do a star align it should work for selections which would be cool..I know the goto prior would do it but I always did it manually cause it was faster in most cases...for me..the mount moves when I select an object so that is encouraging.

Still it seems clunky ...takes ages to recognise the wifi ..little things but now if it gets no better I can use it by selecting targets manually and presumably when set up and I do three star align I can select objects via the program.
I have yet to introduce skysafari into the mix but enough for today.

The best news is I have lined up a free caravan which happens on Monday and am going to try it by the dam..there may be a fog problem there but if its ok I will move the cube up there and have a permanent set up with a water view☺

Thanks to everyone who helped along the way as the input was invaluable in keeping me going.

Now I have to tidy up cables and pack the car yet again which is a killer for me.
Alex
Old 22-05-2019, 01:47 PM
Lognic04 (Logan)

Hi Alex,
You can run a quick align from the hand control and platesolving will take care of the rest of it. At least i hope asiair does platesolving, if it doesn't i'd be getting my money back!
Old 22-05-2019, 02:46 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lognic04 View Post
Hi Alex,
You can run a quick align from the hand control and platesolving will take care of the rest of it. At least i hope asiair does platesolving, if it doesn't i'd be getting my money back!
Yes I have a way to sort it without taking it all outside. It plate solves.
All up..mount control, goto, camera control, guiding with dither plate solve ...says focuser control but we shall see.
Alex
Old 26-05-2019, 10:44 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Everything works, cables are tidy so ready for take down and set up for next dark.
Alex
Old 31-05-2019, 11:37 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Set it all up last night (only takes about two hoirs at my pace☺) and had most asiair things working but my problem is with star alignment as the scope wont park where I want. I dont use goto so even though I have had goto mounts for over a decade never bothered. .I only ever wanted tracking. The problem is no doubt me doing something wrong. I will sort it out tonight ..just too tired last night from the trip the day before...I was on the road 12 hours all up as I had a detour via Cessnock and some trouble to boot.
But at 11 approx last night I turned of asiair and I connected the lap top switched on sharpcap and froze to at least get some actual imaging rather than asiair yesting etc ... polar was perfect and the mount ran unguided for up to five minutes but I elected for one minute subs...of the Swan (or Omega) Nebula...just lum and ha to have something of the night...but so cold ..I had to go inside at 1 am as I recon it must have been around zero... and now cant get warm.
All good.
Alex
Old 01-06-2019, 12:17 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Last night. Figered out parking the scope and did a three star alignment stared powering the rest up and the inverter starts complaining. ..not sure what wrong as it was on the panel all day..maybe the cold..but I was to tired to go get a genny plus that would have woken everyone. Still I made progress in my mind ..but its cloudy now so no charge but no sky.
Still cant work out qdding a guide scope is asiair but have some suggestions from the asiair facebook page...maybe cables..maybe my idea the guide scope needs to go direct to asiair and not thru the main camera...mmm mm. ... I bet thats it..makes sense that would be a go way to have it recognise to camera ..plug it straight in..cant hurt...or can it☺
Chip chip older and slower I am content to realise it will take me longer but I can still do stuff...most folk could sort all of it out in less than a day and night..just takes me a month☺
Alex
Old 03-06-2019, 07:42 AM
tim.anderson (Tim Anderson)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xelasnave View Post
Last night. Figered out parking the scope and did a three star alignment stared powering the rest up and the inverter starts complaining. ..not sure what wrong as it was on the panel all day..maybe the cold..but I was to tired to go get a genny plus that would have woken everyone. Still I made progress in my mind ..but its cloudy now so no charge but no sky.
Still cant work out qdding a guide scope is asiair but have some suggestions from the asiair facebook page...maybe cables..maybe my idea the guide scope needs to go direct to asiair and not thru the main camera...mmm mm. ... I bet thats it..makes sense that would be a go way to have it recognise to camera ..plug it straight in..cant hurt...or can it☺
Chip chip older and slower I am content to realise it will take me longer but I can still do stuff...most folk could sort all of it out in less than a day and night..just takes me a month☺
Alex
See Page 6 of the ASIAir manual. It specifically says to conect all devices directly to the ASIAir USB ports and not to connect devices via the camera's USB hub.
Old 03-06-2019, 08:09 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim.anderson View Post
See Page 6 of the ASIAir manual. It specifically says to conect all devices directly to the ASIAir USB ports and not to connect devices via the camera's USB hub.
Yes I seem ro remember that and thanks for reminding me Tim.
If there is any gap in the cloud tonight I will set up to test ideas and equipment.
Alex