#1  
Old 05-11-2007, 02:30 PM
Sentinel's Avatar
Sentinel
Registered User

Sentinel is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Auckland
Posts: 164
Observing Report 31/10/2007

Got out last week for a good couple of hours.

Observing report can be found;
http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~michell...B-07-10-31.htm

Enjoy.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-11-2007, 02:58 PM
DougAdams
Lord Lissie

DougAdams is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 233
Nice list, Paul. Does the Argo Navis allow you to get through so much in 2 hours? Did you use to own a Starhopper?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-11-2007, 03:13 PM
Rob_K
Registered User

Rob_K is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bright, Vic, Australia
Posts: 2,101
Nice report Paul! NGC6540 (Djorg 3) is a good sighting, and it was very good to read your description of this faint and long-misclassified globular cluster.

Cheers -
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-11-2007, 06:25 AM
Sentinel's Avatar
Sentinel
Registered User

Sentinel is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Auckland
Posts: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougAdams View Post
Nice list, Paul. Does the Argo Navis allow you to get through so much in 2 hours? Did you use to own a Starhopper?
Yeah,

The Argo Navis means I see more in a night than I used to. The problem is that I cannot get out due as much as I would like and therefore I plan using Skymap Pro and Astroplanner and away I go for the night.

I did own a Starhopper in 1999, had it for less than a year and now I have had the 13" for coming up 7 years.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-11-2007, 06:29 AM
Sentinel's Avatar
Sentinel
Registered User

Sentinel is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Auckland
Posts: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_K View Post
Nice report Paul! NGC6540 (Djorg 3) is a good sighting, and it was very good to read your description of this faint and long-misclassified globular cluster.

Cheers -
Thanks for readiing.

I use a dictaphone. So I tend to get most of the info down in my log, however, I do get the occasional object that I don't get the NGC or Identifier and therefore cannot log the info.

My Online observing reports have passed 5 years now and it's amazing just to go back and look at some of the stuff I was doing.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-11-2007, 07:30 AM
DougAdams
Lord Lissie

DougAdams is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentinel View Post
I did own a Starhopper in 1999, had it for less than a year and now I have had the 13" for coming up 7 years.
I owned a Starhopper around the same time, and you're name rang a bell. I must have seen something from you out there way back then. I used to look at the Small Dob Website a bit, but I thought he was somewhere in the USA.

You're 13" dob. is a lovely looking scope, btw.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-11-2007, 12:45 PM
Sentinel's Avatar
Sentinel
Registered User

Sentinel is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Auckland
Posts: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougAdams View Post
I owned a Starhopper around the same time, and you're name rang a bell. I must have seen something from you out there way back then. I used to look at the Small Dob Website a bit, but I thought he was somewhere in the USA.

You're 13" dob. is a lovely looking scope, btw.
I contributed to the Small Dob Website, that guy was based out of Melbourne, Florida.

I thank you for your compliments.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time is now 09:51 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.7 | Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Advertisement
Meade Australia
Advertisement
OzScopes Authorised Dealer
Advertisement
Celestron Australia
Advertisement
SkyWatcher Australia
Advertisement
NexDome Observatories
Advertisement
Lunatico Astronomical
Advertisement
Bintel
Advertisement
Astronomy and Electronics Centre
Advertisement