Old 05-07-2019, 02:40 PM
casstony

M16 with L-Enhance filter

The eagle looks good with this filter, better than broadband I think due to smaller stars.

Only 8x7 minutes, ISO400
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (eagle050719_L_enhance_DBE.jpg10% - Copy.jpg)
167.7 KB56 views
Click for full-size image (eagle050719_L_enhance_DBE.jpg10%.jpg)
210.3 KB37 views

Last edited by casstony; 05-07-2019 at 03:55 PM.
Old 06-07-2019, 10:53 AM
RyanJones

Good work Tony.

The pillars have a good contrast and you’ve capture the outer nebulosity well. One of the things I love about these filters is how tight they make the stars.
Old 06-07-2019, 11:24 AM
casstony

Thanks Ryan. I'm happy with the filter, just need to be selective and use it with the right target. I got more imaging done last night with the L-enhance and IDAS D2 for comparison.
Old 06-07-2019, 11:41 AM
RyanJones

I’ve been chatting to ChrisV who’s also using the STC Duo and he’s given me a link to a PI work flow to process the channels separately as you would with NB imaging. I don’t use PI.... yet ..... but I think I can translate it to Photoshop. He’s produced some amazing images using this technique.

Funny story. I ran my new 8” Newt for the first time last night. After dozens of teething problems, some that I couldn’t explain, I finally got a couple of hours on Lagoon. Something didn’t look right in the back of the camera but I was over playing around by then. Finished up, pulled everything down and guess what....... I’d put the wrong filter in ..... grrrr.

I’m having issues ( yep that’s right.... more issues ) with my filter and coma corrector dewing up too...... ah the fun of this game.
Old 07-07-2019, 10:23 AM
casstony

Hi Ryan, I'm resistant to more complex processing and equipment until I run into an image that I'm not happy with.

Nothing like a minor glitch to ruin a night - I've had my share of those - wrong settings, wrong filter, bad framing, faulty cable, clutch too loose on the mount, cable plugged into the wrong port....

Dew has been very heavy here too recently; my scope fogged up so I've wound up the heater settings and I've got a lens to clean. Can you fit a dew heater around the coma corrector/focuser?
Old 07-07-2019, 05:48 PM
RyanJones

Tony,

Yeah, that’s what I’m planning to do with some sort of dew heater system. The MPCC goes all the way into the focuser so I’m thinking something around the actual focuser tube. I tested last night with some hot hands strapped to the tube but it really didn’t get to the dew point before the clouds came in anyway so my test proved nothing. I’ve looked to find others that have dealt with the same issue with the same setup but I could find anything, certainly couldn’t find anything about heating the focuser draw tube.