Time Zones
1:23 pm
10:23 am
3:23 pm
New York*
10:23 pm
3:23 am
2:23 am

Go Back   IceInSpace > General Astronomy > Star Parties, Club and Community Events

Old Yesterday, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by Kunama View Post

The Tak fraternity was rather conspicuous by their absence, so I very much appreciated Colin making the journey north so that we could field at least 5 of Takahashi's finest.
Then ya can't call it Tak Attack

Glad you all had fun. The dust storm in Canberra made sure we didn't get to have fun in your absence. the dust is still lingering today.
Old Yesterday, 10:31 AM
Atmos (Colin)
Ultimate Noob

After three nights in Coolah I spent Sunday night at Heathcote and was greeted with, instead of nice black dark skies, these muddy skies to which I was no longer accustomed. Granted, Heathcote takes me a whole 75 minutes to reach and not the better part of 12 hours

Tuesday night I’ll setup in my Melbourne backyard where I’ll be unable to see either of the Magellanic Clouds as naked eye objects and forget what the dark skies of Coolah even look like.

May have spent 24 hours in the car over two days but the views through the Black Widow were worth it.
Old Yesterday, 05:48 PM
The Mekon (John B)

Yes, thanks so much Allan for making the drive worth while. I dislike driving long distances, so for me, the reward must measure up. Your hospitality and skies surely did.
Looking forward to the SDM gathering next year.

(and thanks for having the biggest orb weaver I have ever seen!)

Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (IMG_0009.JPG)
41.2 KB22 views
Old Yesterday, 08:51 PM

I really enjoyed my five days at Coolah this month and want to thank everyone for coming along and making a great time of it. I'm glad the sky was clear and dark, with the last night being particularly good and typical of what the place has to offer. Made the long drive, especially for Colin, Matt and John worth while.

It was good to show everyone through the 32", and I'll have some memories myself to keep from that night. I did have a look at a Hubble image of the Homunculus, and thought what we were seeing in the eyepiece wasn't far short of the photo.

Thanks again everyone for the door raising help, the wine gifts, and great company. Until next time, Ciao.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: