Go Back   IceInSpace > General Astronomy > General Chat

Old 20-01-2020, 11:14 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Thanks I will go outside and look.
Alex
Old 21-01-2020, 06:29 AM
Startrek (Martin)

I’m at my weekender on the south coast NSW and once the storm front cleared in the afternoon we had a clear evening, no cloud , no smoke and reasonable seeing, had to pinch myself. After 2 months finally pulled the 12” Goto dob out of the garage , cleaned all the cobwebs and bugs out of it , a quick collimation tweak, levelled it up , a 2 star alignment and ready to go. Dew was really heavy early so switched on my heaters and waited 15 minutes or so
Observed M42 , Tarantula, 47 Tuc, Carina , a few globs and open clusters. Tried a few galaxies up near the zenith but seeing was limited , I could only just make a couple out with averted vision
Seeing was fair , a lot of low level moisture in air but had an enjoyable evening
Finished up about midnight
Tuesday and Wednesday look ok but some cloud expected , but after so long waiting for a chance to get out, anything is gratefully accepted
Cheers
Old 21-01-2020, 08:12 AM
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

Woke up to a clear sky this morning and I could see a few stars too in western Sydney after the storms we had yesterday seems to have cleared the air a bit. Hopefully the next few days heat won't flare up anything and most of those fires have been put out in the blue muntains.