Go Back   IceInSpace > IceTrade Classifieds > IceTrade Archives

Old 12-10-2017, 06:42 AM
Astromelb

TeleVue Genesis SDF 101 f5.4 Quadruplet Apochromatic refractor telescope system

FOR SALE - TeleVue Genesis SDF 101 f5.4 Quadruplet Apochromatic refractor telescope system

Just been serviced yesterday

Solidly built in the Televue tradition, the Genesis SDF is a famous telescope, and rightly so.

It was the next generation for Televue following the original Genesis, and was it's flagship model. It has much higher performance thahn the original Genesis, plus as it was a low volume product is much greater valued and sought after.

The system has excellent optics, a premier quadruplet fluorite lens, making this unit a true apochromatic telescope with full APO colour correction. When is was sold new you would expect to pay $3,600-$4,000+ for the OTA alone.

The Genesis SDF is a wide field f/5.4 design with a 540mm focal length with built in field flattener for a quadruplet fully flattened field, and weighs in at under 5 Kgs. I have owned three different Televue Genesis units, the other two were the original standard units - this unit the premier SDF model is easily the best, and far outperforms the other two. Star tests on the Genesis SDF reveal excellent star diffraction patterns.

Colour correction is exceptional without any hint of chromatic aberration. The wide field of view design gives excellent visual performance.

Included:
* TeleVue Genesis SDF f5.4 refractor
* TeleVuew original Clamshell
* TeleVue original Starbeam finder
* TeleVue original Gibraltar mount with TeleVue original tripod
* TeleVue original Genesis hard case
* Note - supply includes upgraded Starlight Feathertouch dual speed focuser upgrade - the world's best and only premier focuser upgrade, making this unit exceptionally smooth

Please note this is not available new, this model has been discontinued. The new model is the TeleVue 101is which is $ 5,599 for the OTA alone excluding any accessories. Plus US$ 1,200 plus shipment and import costs for the Gibraltar mount & tripod.

Excellent value at $ 2,100 for the complete system.

Pickup in Melbourne or shipment available nationally or internationally at actual cost.

I bought this unit from "Flashdrive" about five months ago and have used it once. Whilst it is an excellent unit I have bought a CFF 105mm oil spaced triplet and do not need this unit. It is sitting in my lounge unused and will not get any use anytime soon, so it is best for it to go to someone who actually wants it

Thanks for looking.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (P1015094.jpg)
199.8 KB343 views
Click for full-size image (P1015088.jpg)
107.2 KB287 views
Click for full-size image (2.jpg)
72.0 KB294 views
Click for full-size image (3.JPG)
179.1 KB244 views
Click for full-size image (4.jpg)
120.7 KB270 views
Click for full-size image (P1015093.jpg)
202.3 KB238 views

Last edited by Astromelb; 21-10-2017 at 06:40 AM. Reason: correction
Old 13-10-2017, 10:02 AM
Astromelb

Dear IIS team,

Available as Telescope only with original TeleVue Star beam finderscope, original TeleVue Clamshell and original TeleVue hard case.

Plus includes upgraded Starlight Feathertouch dual speed focuser upgrade - the world's best and only premier focuser upgrade, making this unit exceptionally smooth

Price $ 1,500

Last edited by Astromelb; 14-10-2017 at 11:28 AM. Reason: Correction
Old 13-10-2017, 09:15 PM
Thacphan (Tom)

Pm sent
Old 20-10-2017, 12:47 PM
FourOwls

Scope still around?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astromelb View Post
FOR SALE - TeleVue Genesis SDF 101 f5.4 Quadruplet Apochromatic refractor telescope system

Just been serviced yesterday

Solidly built in the Televue tradition, the Genesis SDF is a famous telescope, and rightly so.

It was the next generation for Televue following the original Genesis, and was it's flagship model. It has much higher performance thahn the original Genesis, plus as it was a low volume product is much greater valued and sought after.

The system has excellent optics, a premier quadruplet fluorite lens, making this unit a true apochromatic telescope with full APO colour correction. When is was sold new you would expect to pay $3,600-$4,000+ for the OTA alone.

The Genesis SDF is a wide field f/5.4 design with a 540mm focal length with built in field flattener for a quadruplet fully flattened field, and weighs in at under 5 Kgs. I have owned three different Televue Genesis units, the other two were the original standard units - this unit the premier SDF model is easily the best, and far outperforms the other two. Star tests on the Genesis SDF reveal excellent star diffraction patterns.

Colour correction is exceptional without any hint of chromatic aberration. The wide field of view design gives excellent visual performance.

Included:
* TeleVue Genesis SDF f5.4 refractor
* TeleVuew original Clamshell
* TeleVue original Starbeam finder
* TeleVue original Gibraltar mount with TeleVue original tripod
* TeleVue original Genesis hard case
* Note - supply includes upgraded Starlight Feathertouch dual speed focuser upgrade - the world's best and only premier focuser upgrade, making this unit exceptionally smooth

Please note this is not available new, this model has been discontinued. The new model is the TeleVue 101is which is $ 5,599 for the OTA alone excluding any accessories. Plus US$ 1,200 plus shipment and import costs for the Gibraltar mount & tripod.

Excellent value at $ 2,100 for the complete system.

Pickup in Melbourne or shipment available nationally or internationally at actual cost.

I bought this unit from "Flashdrive" about five months ago and have used it once. Whilst it is an excellent unit I have bought a CFF 105mm oil spaced triplet and do not need this unit. It is sitting in my lounge unused and will not get any use anytime soon, so it is best for it to go to someone who actually wants it

Thanks for looking.
Hi there
Just wondering if you still have the scope? I am up near Brisbane by the way if that makes a difference!

Regards!
Old 20-10-2017, 02:24 PM
Astromelb

Please note this system is still available