Old 10-12-2010, 07:32 AM
Yoddha

Hi Hotspur (Chris),

For 12.70 euro everybody gets the right to use APT for life-time. There are no functions expiration. Every single feature that is added to APT during the next year will be in your hands. One year latter (or more) you can decide if you want to support the future development or not. The support will be rewarded again with every single feature - no matter if it is major or minor one. What is the price? It is 6 euro. But if you are happy with APT and don't need new things, then I'll be more than happy because APT fits your needs and I had done my job well
Old 10-12-2010, 07:50 AM
hotspur (Chris)

re software

Ok,thanks Yodda.

I will get one,just went to get it (only around $18)

What is the key number?that I have to type in?

Thanks Chris
Old 10-12-2010, 08:08 AM
Yoddha

Once an order is placed, I'll send a key that has to be used in the downloads page, every time you want to get the latest version.
Old 10-12-2010, 08:18 AM
hotspur (Chris)

re software

Ok,payment sent.

Cheers Chris
Old 10-12-2010, 08:23 AM
Yoddha

A lot of thanks for supporting APT! Just sent the key
Old 10-12-2010, 08:27 AM
Omaroo (Chris Malikoff)
Let there be night...

Ivo - I guess I'll ask you directly then. What do you see as your primary advantages?

Last edited by Omaroo; 10-12-2010 at 08:56 AM.
Old 10-12-2010, 10:29 AM
Yoddha

Omaroo (Chris)

For me it is very hard to answer to your question! The thing that I don't want most is to confront with BackyardEOS's author.

But I'll be honest. He got some of my ideas, added others and the result is good (yes, I saw his demo version). There are features that will come in APT and will re-corer his, but most of them had been planned before BackyardEOS was announced, and this is track-able in the net... Other ideas are unique of his own... Definitely I wish him luck!

APT had started as personal project, aimed to cover my needs. Latter I was convinced to make it public. The only change in the setup, is that now I'm listening also in the needs of other astro imagers . APT is far from profitable project compared to my main duties - a mixture of IT architect, projects manager, senior developer, and director. But will be developed until there is need of it
Old 10-12-2010, 11:43 AM
Omaroo (Chris Malikoff)
Let there be night...

Sorry Ivo - I wasn't looking for a justification or conflict of any sort - I was only looking for a list of differences - i.e. If I'm interested in certain features to satisfy my style of photography, what does each platform offer that's different to the other. It's probably an unfair question to you as such.

Is anyone in a position to do a comparo?
Old 10-12-2010, 01:51 PM
hotspur (Chris)

re software

I think Omaroo (Chris) was just wanting to see what this software was like in compared to the other one,-if any had experience with both.

Some really clever people around the world making these things-Yes Ivo,I can
certainly understand-very little profit on the huge amount of time etc you have put into this.

For less than the price of a bucket of KFC-this is really not a huge purchase,I cannot see why people would question it so-although astronomers are a very stingy bunch when it comes to money!

Just wondering where you sent the key too.Ivo?

It has not appeared in my emails,just the pay-pal reciept.

Good luck with trying to sell stuff on this forum-its difficult.

Cheers Chris

PS,I may end up buying the other one Chris,and have a play around with both of them,and let you know what I think.

I like the look of Ivo's one and the 'one of price'.I think the EOS backyard one -there was a yearly fee-I'd rather pay it all in one hit.Both look very useful,and we should be thankful there are people that spend hundreds of hours making these things,and making them available at such a small fee.

Last edited by hotspur; 10-12-2010 at 02:02 PM. Reason: detail
Old 10-12-2010, 02:17 PM
Omaroo (Chris Malikoff)
Let there be night...

It's not a question of money Chris - I'm sure that most couldn't really see twenty dollars as a problem.

ByEOS does not have a yearly fee. Is that what made your mind up?

The question was asked in reference to what it does, not how much it costs or whether it's worth it. It's more time that's a problem for some.

Last edited by Omaroo; 10-12-2010 at 03:46 PM.
Old 10-12-2010, 02:18 PM
mswhin63 (Malcolm)

I think it would be appropiate to create another thread as this one is specifically set aside for APT.
Old 10-12-2010, 08:25 PM
hotspur (Chris)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswhin63 View Post
I think it would be appropiate to create another thread as this one is specifically set aside for APT.
I can see what Omaroo was getting at-simply just asking for some compared in the field use of both systems.I too really would like have seen someone who has used both,and see what the thoughts were for their particular application.

Omaroo,I too have time issues-or lack off it,I saw this thread this morning had a good read,and liked the approach of Ivo,the information about purchasing and details,I felt was readily available,and my questions were clearly answered.Also the feed back from other users,that needed some advice from Ivo-was good

So felt confident in buying.

Thanks Ivo,I got the key in your email.

Cheers Chris

Cheers Chris
Old 18-12-2010, 12:32 AM
Yoddha

The beta version with number 1.25 is on the site. It contains all functions that will be included in the official version 1.30.

To get it, please visit the Download page of the site. There you will find a link to the Beta Versions page, where you can download the Full or Demo version of the 1.25.

I'll be very thankful to hear comments and findings!

The list of the changes are:
- Tooltips help - Shows description per every feature (the final version will contain text for the settings options too).
- FWHM (Full Width Half Maximum) focusing - the the Focusing Aid.
- Framing Mask (FULL version only) - this a multi session aid to help orienting the camera by same angle and position during multiple nights.
- PC only destination for Digic 4 cameras (still needs card).
- Pause / Resume function when plan execution is in progress.
- Auto synchronization of the camera's clock on connection.
- Better LV++ - less noise and more sensitive.
- Better LVStack - less noise and more sensitive.
- Longer connection timeout.
- Temper(HUM) calibration (FULL version only) - now you can enter calibrating constants.
- Tooltips ON/OFF (FULL version only)
- Fixed is the bulb accuracy problem.
- UI and performance optimizations.
- Night Mode for the User guide

A screen shot
Click image for larger version

Name:	APT-Beta_s.png
Views:	49
Size:	197.9 KB
ID:	86731

Till Thursday will continue with the tests, user's guide and site update... The plan is in Thursday to have the final version released
Old 18-12-2010, 10:00 AM
wasyoungonce (Brendan)
Certified Village Idiot

Thanks Ivo,

APT is Lookin up!..but..its been so cloudy here I doubt I'll get a chance to use it in the next few weeks!

Old 20-12-2010, 01:26 PM
h0ughy (David)

IVO i have downloaded and loaded the 1.25 onto the netbook (i do have a paid licence). i was testing using the software to go through a series of predetermined exposures from 1/2000 through to 4 seconds. can you make the duration between frames able to be shorter than 1 second as if you are trying to bracket around an event to create a HDR image of the lunar eclipse it says the process will take say 51 seconds but in reality it takes 1min 50 odd seconds. With the shorter shots only having the 1 second gap draws out the process. need to put in say 0.2 or 0.5 or 0.7 etc so it can help reduce the total sequence time - I would like ice cream in hell to at present you can only select 1 2 3 etc in integer whole numbers.

Also can you add functionality of repeatedly repeating a predetermined sequence. Say I finally get it right and can get enough exposures within say 30 seconds and call that say lunar eclispe 30 sec sequence - can you have another box to add the number of times you would like the sequence run – please – and can I have that ASAP LOL….instead of pressing the button again. I don’t want it to cycle through say 20, 1/2000 then do 20 1/1000 - I want 1/2000, 1/1000…..and repeat the sequence as many times as I require. TA

Works well with the 20D and a 400D through a DSUSB !
Old 20-12-2010, 06:34 PM
Yoddha

Hi David,

Just made the change for 0s pause and it works, so it will be included in final release this week BTW when is the eclipse?

As for the other request, will think about it. Maybe will add a loop possibility... Meanwhile you can define a bigger plan to include the needed exposures
Old 20-12-2010, 07:23 PM
h0ughy (David)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoddha View Post
Hi David,

Just made the change for 0s pause and it works, so it will be included in final release this week BTW when is the eclipse?

As for the other request, will think about it. Maybe will add a loop possibility... Meanwhile you can define a bigger plan to include the needed exposures
the eclipse is tomorrow evening.

thanks for making that change. it sort of makes sense to have that functionality - especially if the event is over a few hours
Old 20-12-2010, 07:30 PM
Yoddha

Ok, send me your mail address as PM and I'll send you the fixed version in few hours
Old 21-12-2010, 09:04 AM
wasyoungonce (Brendan)
Certified Village Idiot

Your a top man Ivo

Can you add a few lines of code to APT to make the clouds disappear?
Old 21-12-2010, 05:48 PM
Yoddha

Thanks Wasyoungonce!

I'm in never ending quest to find these few lines of code but no luck so far