Go Back   IceInSpace > General Astronomy > General Chat
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 29-06-2013, 04:47 PM
Fox

Hi Flash, Fox here, I got your 24mm Stratus a few months ago. Yeah, that all sounds rather rude and overly hard ball to me. I wouldn't do business with that person again. I know there's always that 'risk', because we are pretty much dealing with an honesty system here, and if an item is in the high hundreds to thousands of dollars range, well, I guess people become more concerned with the risk factor. But to ask for a deposit and then declare its not refundable AFTERWARDS, that's downright crude and bad behaviour in my book. Fox.
Old 29-06-2013, 07:05 PM
big_dav_2001 (Davin)

Sounds like you had a pretty rough buy there Flash, I sure wouldn't go with them again.

Personally, I've never had any problems from anyone I've bought things from on here, and hopefully nobody's had any problems with me as a buyer. I even had one seller post the item on nothing more than a gentlemans agreement before I had even sent the cash through. Something which was extremely unexpected seeing as although I check here regularly, I don't tend to post often, so I would hardly be considered a regular.

I don't always have disposable cash if something good comes along, so I sometimes ask if the buyer would mind holding it until payday, but I always tell the seller that if another buyer comes up in the meantime who can pay immediately, to sell to them first. I'm never offended if they refuse to hold it, nor am I bothered if a more convenient buyer comes along, and I've never backed out of an agreement once I've said I'll buy it.

It comes down to mutual trust really, perhaps the seller had been burned in the past and was overly cautious, still doesn't excuse rudeness though.

Davin
Old 29-06-2013, 07:53 PM
GrahamL
pro lumen

Maybe you should invite the seller into this thread to fess up to being a bit of an ass with this purchase Col ?, You got the item ok I take it in good order ?

I think throwing this so vaguely out in public casts a shadow over all your purchases and all the people involved in them , needlessly !
Old 29-06-2013, 08:17 PM
FlashDrive (Poppy)
Senior Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightstalker View Post
Maybe you should invite the seller into this thread to fess up to being a bit of an ass with this purchase Col ?, You got the item ok I take it in good order ?

I think throwing this so vaguely out in public casts a shadow over all your purchases and all the people involved in them , needlessly !
This thread was purely put up to ' share ' an uncomfortable encounter with another member on this forum.....what will it profit you or anyone else as to who it is.
If I wanted to name the individual...I would have quite easily ( that's my privilege ...not anyone elses ) ...but that is not the ' core ' of this thread....it is the ' incident ' that took place that I am sharing.........do you understand now...!

As for this:
I think throwing this so vaguely out in public casts a shadow over all your purchases and all the people involved in them , needlessly....

What is so vague about what I have said......everybody understands and comprehends what is written here....what's your point....what's vague about it.

And....for the last bit :
casts a shadow over all your purchases and all the people involved in them , needlessly... so me and everybody else who have done business with me are ALL ' sus ' .....what a ridiculous statement....!

I invite ALL members who have either bought from or sold to me to reply to this thread......so as to put to rest nightstalkers assumptions..........

Please feel free to comment Members...!

Flash......

Last edited by FlashDrive; 29-06-2013 at 09:57 PM.
Old 29-06-2013, 08:20 PM
Astro_Bot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunama View Post
Don't get me started on eBay Dean ..... I sold something to Rudy Ong of Southport, Australia Post confirmed that it was delivered to that goose. He then started a Paypal claim against me saying he did not sign for it ..... To avoid any bad feedback I gave the a-hole a full refund after which he left me bad feedback. I'll be in Southport in a few weeks
eBay buyers can be loopy at times. I had one in Vic who bought some knick-knack off me, but wouldn't pay - I waited three weeks and e-mailed 6 times, politely, but no payment, no reply. As it was just before Christmas by then (Christmas Eve, I think), I finally gave up and sent a final e-mail saying that if they didn't want it, I'd forget about it and not file an unpaid item claim "in the spirit of Christmas". They replied (their only reply) saying OK, they'll forget about it. Then, two days later, they left me negative feedback (I didn't even think that was possible if the sale didn't go through)!! I complained to eBay support, but they're as useless as t*ts on a bull. Then there was another one who filed a PayPal claim for the whole amount, including postage, because he thought the item should have had a stand to put it on (none was advertised, and the item had never had one, he just thought it should have one, without ever mentioning it or asking me a question). At least PayPal turned that one down. Some mothers do 'ave 'em.
Old 29-06-2013, 08:25 PM
LewisM
Novichok test rabbit

I have bought a fair bit of kit from Col. Not a single solitary problem; in fact, he went above and beyond for the latest purchase, with a "try before you buy" plan
Old 29-06-2013, 09:54 PM
GrahamL
pro lumen

Not the slightest bit interested who this was Col,but,when you throw this out there this way all the sellers you have delt with are more or less roped into things , your suggestion all but one of them stop by and clear the air ,well sorry I still feel they shouldn't need to.
Old 29-06-2013, 09:57 PM
asimov (John)
Planet photographer

I think this thread is done & over with, personally
Old 29-06-2013, 10:01 PM
FlashDrive (Poppy)
Senior Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightstalker View Post
Maybe you should invite the seller

casts a shadow over all your purchases and all the people involved in them , needlessly !
Well you did say it .....your making assumptions ...read what I have said.

This thread was purely put up to ' share ' an uncomfortable encounter with another member on this forum.....what will it profit you or anyone else as to who it is.
If I wanted to name the individual...I would have quite easily ( that's my privilege ...not anyone elses ) ...but that is not the ' core ' of this thread....it is the ' incident ' that took place that I am sharing.........do you understand now...!

Col.....

Last edited by FlashDrive; 29-06-2013 at 10:16 PM.
Old 29-06-2013, 10:05 PM
FlashDrive (Poppy)
Senior Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by asimov View Post
I think this thread is done & over with, personally
Yep........your right.....there's always someone who wants to twist things around.

Mod's please close this thread.....I've made my point clear enough.

Flash....
Old 29-06-2013, 10:07 PM
asimov (John)
Planet photographer

Yeah..Don't ya just hate the twisters..
Old 29-06-2013, 10:18 PM
Gruffalo

Twisters blow

:ROFL:
Old 29-06-2013, 10:18 PM
GrahamL
pro lumen

No need to keep editing that post Col I won't be back in here
Old 29-06-2013, 10:23 PM
FlashDrive (Poppy)
Senior Citizen

Looks like the Mod's have gone to bed....
I ' edited ' it in an attempt to make my point clear enough to you.....if that didn't work ...what else can I do

Have a good night....

Flash........
Old 29-06-2013, 10:27 PM
LewisM
Novichok test rabbit

Where is that face palm when you need it?

Oh yeah, here: http://www.viewfromtheblueridge.com/...3/facepalm.jpg
Old 29-06-2013, 10:32 PM
FlashDrive (Poppy)
Senior Citizen

Awesome...........
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (facepalm.jpg)
107.6 KB29 views

Last edited by FlashDrive; 29-06-2013 at 11:10 PM.
Old 29-06-2013, 10:39 PM
Nikolas (Nik)
Dazed and confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluto View Post
Sounds pretty dodgy to me.
It was nice of you not to mention names but looking at your recent purchase history there is really only one member that it could be.
Name and shame, there is no need for this behaviour at all.
Old 29-06-2013, 11:05 PM
Tandum (Robin)

In reverse, how about someone agreeing to purchase your item only to find they bought a similar one from someone else without any warning? Maybe this sort of behavior is curving peoples principles. And this is not conjecture, it happened recently to multiple people.
Old 30-06-2013, 10:43 AM
koputai (Jason)

What is it about the Gold Coast.

I've had three sales/purchases go bad, and every time it's been someone from the Gold Coast!

Cheers,
Jason.
Closed Thread