Old 08-12-2012, 06:43 PM
PRejto (Peter)

Powered Camera Rotator for TEC140?

Hello,

I'd like to be able to rotate my camera from TSX and wonder what might be recommended? I think with my current gear (Moravian G2-8300) I could get by with the Optec Pyxis 2" model. Can anyone comment on the rigidity/stability of this model?

But I'm also fairly sure I will eventually move to a larger sensor camera (and the TEC flattener) so going sooner with a larger model might be more cost effective in the long run. I know of the 3" Pyxis, and the VSI Zerotator. Are there others I might consider? Any comments on the two I've mentioned?

Many thanks,

Peter
Old 08-12-2012, 07:43 PM
allan gould

Moonlight are about to release a rotator that couples to their focusers very soon.
I would drop Ron an email and discuss it with him as I'm sure he would not release anything that wasn't first class.
Old 08-12-2012, 08:28 PM
bert (Brett)
Automation nut

I have 2x 2 inch pyxis's (Pyxii?) and use them with larger sensors than the 8300 at a similar f ratio to the Tec. They'll be fine for that application.
Old 08-12-2012, 10:09 PM
PRejto (Peter)

Thanks Allan and Bert! Looks like the Pyxis would be fine, but I'm curious to see what Moonlite comes up with! I've written to Ron...

Peter

EDIT: I received a very cursory response from Ron at Moonlite saying that their product rotates the flange holding the focuser. I cannot see how one could use this with any other brand of focuser...

Last edited by PRejto; 09-12-2012 at 05:04 AM.