Go Back   IceInSpace > General Astronomy > Celestial and Astronomical Events
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2013, 09:44 AM
Paul_Cox (Paul)

Arrow Solar Eclipse Image Feeds

Hi all,

Mike has kindly agreed for me to post a shout out for help for the upcoming Annular Solar Eclipse.

Slooh are providing a live public broadcast for the event. We'll have Bob Berman from Astronomy mag on the show as well as a few other special guests. The online coverage will be free to everyone.

I had hoped to come down to image this one myself, but a small family crisis has prevented this. So we're putting a shout out for anyone who would be interested in providing a real-time image feed on the day.

Ideally, the feed would be whole-disk images uploaded every minute or so to the server. To aid this, we've developed a simple system that automates any processing and upload of the images, leaving you to acquire your images using your normal methods and software. Because of the broadcast method, the images don't have to be high-res, which can be problematic with bandwidth - especially in remote locations.

As a thank you to anyone who can help, we'd like to offer an annual membership to Slooh.com (as soon as our new Paramount II arrives, our Half Metre telescope in the Canary Islands will be back in action - timezone perfectly suited to users down-under!). We may be able to help with some expenses too.

The events are usually great fun to be involved with - I even had my Lunar Eclipse images embedded live in the global "Google Doodle" during one Lunar Eclipse.

If you think you can help, please drop me a line at coxy@slooh.com If you know anyone who may be interested, please let them know!

Clear skies to all down-under.

Paul Cox
Slooh Public Outreach Co-ordinator
Old 09-05-2013, 01:25 PM
iceman (Mike)
Sir Post a Lot!

SLOOH are still looking for people who can broadcast, so please get in touch with them if you can help.