Old 09-03-2013, 08:02 AM
hotspur (Chris)

Anyone have experience with Canon G15?

Hello.

Looking at up grading my Canon G12,its had considerable use over the 1 and a half years I have had it,and showing signs of lots of use and had a few hiccups the last few times I 've used it.It has been used for use in the field for gathering data for two documentries,and data for tutorials,so it well and truly done some amazing amount of work,and now the DVD's it helped produced are selling well in the N.H. its time to look at an upgraded so I can produce more.

Was thinking of another G12,but it appears a newer on available (see link)

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Canon-Pow...ht_2654wt_1139

Its a bit cheaper than a G12,so not sure which I should get,would any of the pro photographers' here like to given some advice.

Or has anyone here got and used a G15

I like the 'compactness' most of all about this camera,I am out some really rough locations,and often on foot,and just so handy to carry and have a decent piece of kit in hand for either photos or video.So that is main reson over a D/SLR with video.

Last edited by hotspur; 09-03-2013 at 08:16 AM.
Old 15-03-2013, 12:49 PM
hotspur (Chris)

Well,the G12 has come back from fix-it guru,it has been on its last legs for awhile now,but seems its seen its last excursion (well maybe one more to a rocky outcrop).

It appears the optical incoder is not 'talking' other parts of camera,the camera guru,takes a part much more expensive cameras than this on a regular basis-says its had it- (I'd hate to have paid the $600 on this camera-its lasted only 20 months.

Anyhow,looking at either a new G12 or G15,as insurance will pay for most of it,I notice the G12's are still around $550,while the newer G15's less,is there much difference?

Does Nikon have a version of this camera-it would be likely better than Canon stuff,and worth paying extra.