ANZAC Day
Go Back   IceInSpace > Beginners Start Here > Beginners Astrophotography
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 17-05-2018, 10:59 PM
Benjamin (Ben)

Another experimental Eta (almost had enough...)

Ha 18 x 120s
R 24 x 30a
G 24 x 30s
B 14 x 30s (my house got in the way!)

This image was a bit accidental. I wanted to test my computer was working again after various updates to Virtualbox and Windows (all good), that the download issues would vanish after clearing some hard disk space (all good), and to see how a Finderguider coped on the 8” Newt (had been using an OAG). The Polar alignment was good and the Ha, R and G were okay (still slight issues but all ‘processbale’) but Blue was a distaster. Very messy and bloated. These subs were taken just above my roof so feel like any heat coming off it might have had an impact? Anyway I didn’t edit these Blue frames (I’d have no blue at all) so let it all through and the result is below (lots of blue bleed around the stars). The Finderguider coped okay I thought but feel the OAG gave more consistent results. The Ha filea lost some detail in preprocessing which I need to understand better (darks and flats seemed to rob the image of some of its nebulosity).
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (AE4E278E-CC77-4AE9-8961-F5B792C29B49.jpg)
191.6 KB29 views