Go Back   IceInSpace > General Astronomy > General Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2019, 08:52 PM
Bobbyoutback

Use by date

Notice less & less people use cash even for small transactions .
Now it's tap your card for just about everything .

We are all heading deeper into the cashless society , is this a good thing ?
No it isn't ! It's horrible when you think about it .

The next thing to happen is new issued printed paper/plastic money will have a Use by Date on it ! yep '' spend it before it becomes worthless .
Those who still hold old money will get some great deals until they run out .

Bobby
Old 08-10-2019, 08:53 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Ward View Post
What? End of the world as we know it? Zombie apocalypse in the New Year?

I predict the NYE fireworks will still go off, and if interest rates fall to zip
assets will become quite expensive...except maybe tinned beans, still likely to be $1.00 a can in Aldi.

As for eating baked beans with shotgun at the ready in the bomb shelter....could be risky
Now don't come in with that calm rational approach when I am presenting "the sky is falling".
We are doomed...
I know you are concerned..cutting your links with petrol and indeed the "power" company.
Honestly do you have chooks or not?
Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbyoutback View Post
Notice less & less people use cash even for small transactions .
Now it's tap your card for just about everything .

We are all heading deeper into the cashless society , is this a good thing ?
No it isn't ! It's horrible when you think about it .

The next thing to happen is new issued printed paper/plastic money will have a Use by Date on it ! yep '' spend it before it becomes worthless .
Those who still hold old money will get some great deals until they run out .

Bobby
I suggest ..buy silver and gold.
Alex
Old 08-10-2019, 09:10 PM
Peter Ward
Galaxy hitchhiking guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by xelasnave View Post
Now don't come in with that calm rational approach when I am presenting "the sky is falling".
We are doomed...
I know you are concerned..cutting your links with petrol and indeed the "power" company.
Honestly do you have chooks or not?
Alex
I'm certainly not concerned about any impending social cataclysm.

Yes, I have an EV and PV's as I know climate change is real, so do my bit there (plus save on power/transport). As for chooks.....nup. Not really fond of mung beans either.

The simple fix is raise real wages.

But we get the politicians we deserve. Real fiscal and social change is unlikely until we see a French style "Vive la révolution!"
Old 08-10-2019, 09:29 PM
Bobbyoutback

Quote:

I suggest ..buy silver and gold.
Alex
What a good idea

Also I have been buying up baked beans & tins of sardines .
Not just any sardines ' my favorite eating ones are Brisling sardines
The brisling is only found in the icy water of the Northern Hemisphere .

Have Fun
Bobby .
Old 08-10-2019, 09:34 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Well we don't want revolution. It's so predictable...but you have to love the reign of terror aspect...the futile attempt to change human behaviour via fear...does that work?
I am not really concerned about the wages of workers or the fact we have politicians who are reflections of the idiots that vote them in..I just want to know should I buy baked beans or chooks.

Should I buy rental properties given that maybe no one can afford the rent or should I save the cash and hire mercenaries and go for total control.

Save the planet...mmm...let humans run their course just like rabbits who eat themselves out of house and home and just start the wheel of evolution spinning ...

I passed a road crew today..twenty men on site..what were they doing..one man was mowing the grass..that says something...you need twenty men to cut grass on a public road..but look at the money ..mortgages paid, rent paid, baked beans purchased...one wonders how the system works.

All I worry about is the value of my bank shares...I don't care if I have to pay them to hold my cash just so long as they run the bank at a profit.

I counted my trees...I have over ten thousand now...I think I should be paid for all the carbon I manage...it is shameful the way folk just cut them down for money...I looked out this morning and realised I give a home for so many creatures humans ignore...I don't care if it collapses or not. Maybe there are too many humans maybe not enough who can rise above superstition...it is what it is...I study history and I guess it worries me that things are so good..that is not the way of it.
Alex

Quote:
What a good idea

Also I have been buying up baked beans & tins of sardines .
Not just any sardines ' my favorite eating ones are Brisling sardines
The brisling is only found in the icy water of the Northern Hemisphere .

Have Fun
Bobby .
I also stock sardines. Rice is good also. Northern hemisphere sardines ..not good..the North is polluted with nuclear waste. I recommend krill from Antarctica.
I wonder..can you eat grass..If cooked maybe.
Do you know how to make your own gunpowder..a must...
The only hope is to build more pyramids...burns up cash and keeps people working.
Alex

Last edited by RB; 09-10-2019 at 06:41 AM.
Old 08-10-2019, 10:22 PM
Bobbyoutback

Quote:
Do you know how to make your own gunpowder..a must...
The only hope is to build more pyramids...burns up cash and keeps people working.
Alex
Hello Alex , I don't know how to make gunpowder .
Why would building more pyramids be better then chook yards
Check these chook pens ---- https://www.mychickencoop.com.au/chook-pen-for-sale

Thanks for the Laughs
Bobby .
Old 08-10-2019, 10:23 PM
Outcast (Carlton)
Always gonna be a NOOB...

Banks have been charging us for the privilege of holding our money for us for decades now... it's just been in the form of various fees & charges. Don't keep enough in your account = fee, use someone else's ATM = fee, use EFTPOS = fee, exceed max transactions = fee, want a debit card = fee, over the counter transaction = fee...

Count up your fees vs the paultry amount of interest you receive... you've been paying for years!!
Old 08-10-2019, 10:37 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Hello Alex , I don't know how to make gunpowder .
Why would building more pyramids be better then chook yards
Check these chook pens ---- https://www.mychickencoop.com.au/chook-pen-for-sale

Thanks for the Laughs
Bobby .
Check out various South USA approaches. Double car ports with manure for potassium nitrate...not sure how to get sulphur but probably via fools Gold... charcoal I think I have it worked out.
Building pyramids is what the market economy is all about.
You need to create wealth but destroy it so there is a need to create more wealth. A market economy needs to grow and it can only grow if you trim it...you must trim the money
That's why we have a concern at the moment...too much money..it needs to be trimmed...pyramids are good...needless bridges...consider Japan's problem..they build bridges..not because they need ridges but because they need pyramids...the end result is not the goal..it is the building and destruction of money that is required.

That why war is such a good thing ..limitless production but nothing to show for it..so work must continue..profit must continue
Sounds crazy..well yes..but that is the best humans can manage.
Hopefully in the future we can reach the sophistication of ants....
Alex
Old 09-10-2019, 08:02 AM
SimmoW (SIMON)
Farting Nebulae

Yeah sadly a war is probably the best solution, but a good genuine solid one, of the WW brand, one that culls the population down by 50% or so. Someone asked me what the solution to global warming is. It's not fiddling around the edges or granting every driver a $150k electric car produced from fossil fuel sources manufacturers stuffed with rare metals in the electronics. There are just too many ants on the mound.

Negative interest on all your cash? That's an admirable first world problem. That'll be the last of your concerns in 5yrs. Good basic healthcare, becoming less available because all the workers are fed up with having to travel 2 hours from their dormitory suburbs, that'll be a real pain.

Gotta go now, I must tend to my sheep...
Old 10-10-2019, 11:10 AM
Peter Ward
Galaxy hitchhiking guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimmoW View Post
Yeah sadly a war is probably the best solution, but a good genuine solid one, of the WW brand, one that culls the population down by 50% or so. ....
I was going to let this go through to the keeper, but....

A war to cull 50% the population? Really?

SO will you be the first to stick you head up from the trenches anytime soon? How about your Mum, Dad, Significant other? Which half do you want gone?

My mother fled from both the Nazi's and Russians. My ex-Royal Navy father had nothing good to say about it. I was very glad to see the asinine Vietnam war conscription end before I turned 18.

War is never a good solution.

Comments like yours clearly shows dim witted ignorance to what goes on when states sponsor mass killings.
Old 10-10-2019, 11:35 AM
FlashDrive (Poppy)
Senior Citizen

Quote:
I was very glad to see the asinine Vietnam war conscription end before I turned 18.
Me to ...I was getting close ( 17 ) to that age .... !!

Col...

Last edited by FlashDrive; 10-10-2019 at 12:10 PM.
Old 10-10-2019, 12:19 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
I was going to let this go through to the keeper, but....

A war to cull 50% the population? Really?

SO will you be the first to stick you head up from the trenches anytime soon? How about your Mum, Dad, Significant other? Which half do you want gone?

My mother fled from both the Nazi's and Russians. My ex-Royal Navy father had nothing good to say about it. I was very glad to see the asinine Vietnam war conscription end before I turned 18.

War is never a good solution.

Comments like yours clearly shows dim witted ignorance to what goes on when states sponsor mass killings.
It was my fault for raising it Peter.
I apologise for putting bad thoughts out there.
Alex
Closed Thread