Old 14-01-2007, 08:46 PM
andrew

Adapter for Canon 400D to Scope

Hi guys, I'm in search for an adapter so I can mount my camera to where you put the eyepiece of my 10" scope. I have a standard 1.25" slot for eyepieces. I'm currently unsure where to buy from, or how much it would be to purchase one of these..

Any ideas?
Old 14-01-2007, 09:56 PM
Calin
Space Anomaly

Hello Andrew,

I bought one not long ago, you'll need two bits a Canon EOS T-Ring ($35AU) and the adaptor ($39 for a 2", $36 for 1.25"). I didn't do a lot of shopping around and got mine from Bintel (https://www.bintelshop.com.au/welcome.htm) as part of some other bits and pieces + postage. My scope takes both so I went with the 2" adpator for more light capture. I haven't had a chance to use them yet, but they fit the camera and the scope very nicely. The adaptors also list one for SCT scopes (same price) as apposed to Newts'/Refractors I guess. As I don't have an SCT (yet) there will be others who may advise for some other bits to enhance your imaging for an SCT, if that's what you have, otherwise the basic setup is these two bits. Good luck, I hope to actually start imaging one day, slowly but surely .... BTW these bits will be used with my new Canon 400D I have had for a few months (early x-mas present), by all reports it should be a reasonable set-up with the 400 doing well depending on skills and experience, of which I have very little.

Cheers,

Paul
Old 14-01-2007, 10:13 PM
andrew

Thanks a lot for your help Paul I'll be attempting to purchase this within the next couple of days, will get back to you here on how it goes
Old 15-01-2007, 06:15 PM
Scorpius (Dave)

Adapters

Any real probs Andrew send me a PM check this out also
http://www.iceinspace.com.au/forum/s...072#post183072

Dave S
Old 18-01-2007, 08:44 PM
andrew

Thanks again for your help guys Since the first post I've purchased the EOS T-ring and the main adaptor, and have been able to set it all up on the scope very nicely. Now...just waiting for some clear skies
Old 18-01-2007, 09:16 PM
Astroman (Andrew Wall)
<><><><>

Can you point me to the same adapters Andrew? I will be needing to get these when I get my 400D Thanks.