Old 01-10-2020, 12:32 PM
Atmos (Colin)
Ultimate Noob

This image of the Orion Nebula shows several stars that exhibit the microlens diffraction pattern with a QHY163M, most notably is the brighter star towards the lower right of the frame.
There is also some ringing artefacts around the stars. I've estimated them to be the "out of focus" version of the star at about 0.6mm of defocus. This means it's a reflection half that distance so 0.3mm or the glass cover slip over the sensor.
Old 01-10-2020, 01:15 PM
Stonius (Markus)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmos View Post
This image of the Orion Nebula shows several stars that exhibit the microlens diffraction pattern with a QHY163M, most notably is the brighter star towards the lower right of the frame.
There is also some ringing artefacts around the stars. I've estimated them to be the "out of focus" version of the star at about 0.6mm of defocus. This means it's a reflection half that distance so 0.3mm or the glass cover slip over the sensor.

So is it a problem with all sensors then? Or how is it best avoided?

Cheers

Markus
Old 01-10-2020, 01:48 PM
Atmos (Colin)
Ultimate Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonius View Post
So is it a problem with all sensors then? Or how is it best avoided?

Cheers

Markus
The QHY163M is the QHY version of the ASI163MM, both have the same Panasonic sensor.
Old 01-10-2020, 02:30 PM
Imme (Jon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunslayr View Post
I've grabbed a cropped sub from the blue filter it shows the grid a bit better, it's definitely not an obstruction, the star probably isn't bright enough to really show it. I can also agree that the 294mc is not without its issues but with the 1600 sensor being discontinued it will soon be the only new option. Is there a way of using something like a layer mask to fix microlensing? I've had some success with the clone tool but I admit my photoshop/gimp experience is fairly limited.
Asa confirmation i get the exact same pattern on my ASI1600 Pro using ZWO LRGB filters on exactly the same star when imaging the same area.......could almost say that pic is one of my frames.

How to fix it.......clone tool!
Old 01-10-2020, 08:14 PM
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

Found an interesting post on CN
https://www.cloudynights.com/topic/6...ect-explained/