ANZAC Day
Go Back   IceInSpace > General Astronomy > General Chat
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 14-03-2013, 05:28 PM
iceman (Mike)
Sir Post a Lot!

Exclamation The IceInSpace Facebook page smashes 4000 Likes!

The IceInSpace Facebook page has reached 4000 likes!

Thanks so much to those who are part of the extended IceInSpace Community on Facebook. Your comments, likes and shares are very much appreciated, and they help to ensure that IceInSpace reaches your friend networks too!

A huge thanks to Suzy, who has helped me administer the IIS FB page at a time when I really needed the help. In just a few short months, she's given the page a huge boost in activity and as a consequence, a huge number of new likes and activity on the page. So this thousand is for you, Suzy! I really appreciate your energy and enthusiasm and it's obvious the fans do too!

I'm looking forward to the next thousand, and we'll continue to bring you amazing photography and interesting space and astronomy news, from both the amateur and professional world.

Thanks again for your continued support! It means so much to me and I know it means a lot to Suzy too.

If you're on Facebook and not yet a fan of the IceInSpace Facebook page, please head to http://www.facebook.com/iceinspace or simply search for IceInSpace on Facebook.

If you're not on Facebook, what better reason to join up than to receive your daily updates of astronomy news, space and science news and beautiful astrophotography shared from around the world.

Hope to see you there!
Old 14-03-2013, 08:49 PM
Octane (Humayun)
IIS Member #671

Like.

H
Old 14-03-2013, 09:22 PM
CJ (Chris)

If IIS had a like button I'd click it!
Old 15-03-2013, 12:34 AM
JB80 (Jarrod)
Aussie abroad.

That's great news Mike, I'm sure it will continue to grow.

Although today facebook has decided that I'm not me and blocked my account.
Old 20-03-2013, 01:10 AM
Suzy
Searching for Travolta...

Thank you Mike!
And a big congratulation to the IceInSpace facebook page!

WOW! I just couldn't get over how quickly it hit those extra 1000 likes to make it to the big 4,000. And within a couple of days of it hitting that mark, there was an extra 100 new LIKES on top of that, so it's fantastic that it's constantly going up quickly too by the looks. Bring on 10,000- now that'd be an extra big celebration! But you know what- it REALLY is a great page!!! And I'm massively proud to be part of it. I think Mike and I make a great team in there, and I say this thru blushing cheeks... awwww he really is the best boss ever!

It's been lots of fun and they're such a fabulous bunch of people on the page. The support I've been receiving there is fantastic which quickly helped to ease me into things there.

Thank you to all here on the forum who visit the page and read and share and comment and like and for welcoming me there so openly.
Boy oh boy what a busy time it was to get started working in there! Talk about throwing myself into the deep end as not long after I started there we had a busy month full of sky events- it just didn't stop ! Two comets, meteroid, near Earth asteroid, occultation of Jupiter by the moon, all that aside from the usual astro stuff. I didn't sleep much those weeks, and I did more reading with sourcing news stories & pics which probably equated to the same volume of reading the Bible in full . I was telling the universe to please stop and give me some peace all right all ready, and hey it listened.

I have the most amazing image to put up on the page in the next couple of days (maybe even tomorrow). And it's taken by one of the guys here on the forum a while back (hint John Hothersall) It's a secret until I reveal it. I hold the power. So keep an eye out on the page. Oh yes, and tomorrow I get to tell you what you should be watching- I have an amazing/fantastic/incredible/super dooper doco that cannot be missed! And there's also an observing tour of Canis Major that I want to take you on, once I write it up! I will share the last two on this forum as well.

Thank you again Mike and thank you everyone!
Old 20-03-2013, 01:23 AM
astroron (Ron)
Supernova Searcher

Suzy has been putting some good stuff on the face book page,so to those who haven't had a look lately it is really worth a sqizz
Cheers
Old 20-03-2013, 08:33 AM
Nikolas (Nik)
Dazed and confused

This forum needs a like button as well.
Old 29-03-2013, 05:48 PM
skytry (Peter)

IISpace facebook forum,
I have enjoyed the view & read,
and I shall continue too enjoy the entries & attachments ( photo's),
that have been submitted,
well done IISpace,