Old 22-02-2020, 05:05 AM
Derek Klepp

Satellite String 2

About 5;15am this morning EDST saw firstly 2 then a string of 30 or more go straight past Jupiter in the East they came from the South West .Then about 10 minutes later a number all evenly spaced.
All I can say is so much for Satellite free exposures if this is a sign of things it come.
Derek
Did a bit of research.Space X Starlink Satellites.Been up their a while just have ,t seen them before.Personally I preferred smoke signals.
Old 22-02-2020, 03:59 PM
Quopaz (Nick)

Yeah I saw them too, I was just going to post about it then I saw your post. I was looking at Jupiter, and noticed a few go past. Then there was a whole heap of them. From my location I'd say they were going from North to South.
Then the strangest thing happened. I looked up from the telescope and there was a massive bright stream of dots going from West to East. I had the camera ready to go but my magnification was too high from looking at Jupiter. I caught some of them in a short video. But my field was too narrow. I quickly took the camera off, and dropped it in my haste. Then I realized it was a plane flying East. It's lights were lighting up something in the sky- lots of bright dots- no idea what they were. Maybe Satelites? Would have thought they'd be higher. But it was very spectacular. Then it was gone. Anyone know what it would have been?