Old 09-04-2010, 06:43 PM
gordolake (Steve)

Jumping in, new here.

Hi,
Not new to astronomy, I've been a keen observer for some time (binoc, tasco 4") and have a 2/3's finished 13.1" EQ mount DOB I've not had time to finish.

Just won this second hand scope from the manufacturer, WO FLT-132
http://tinyurl.com/y9uwjl7 for AUD$2700. Have done some research and found this scope has good reviews.
My questions are
  1. What range of EP's would be a good start for this scope and whats the diffrence between 1.25" to 2" besides cost? I wear glasses so is the eye relief better on the 2"?
  2. Is an NEQ5 or NEQ6 goto the mount for this or are there others? I want to do AP with my Nikon D700.
TIA
Steve
Old 09-04-2010, 07:48 PM
aokman

you would want a EQ6 at the least. Ive just ordered my FLT-132 from astroguy with a 7.5-22.5mm zoom eyepiece which seemed to be a good starting one, 68 field flattener for FLT scopes, feather touch and a 2" durabright diag.

Dont forget to buy a dovetail for the scope from WO aswell. If you want to do AP then you will need the field flattener and maybe a extension ring hard to say till you try...