Old 23-06-2012, 03:56 PM
[1ponders] (Paul)
Retired, damn no pension

Question Northgroup 127 and flatteners?

Does the Northgroup 127mm refractor require a flattener for the corners when using a DSLR? If so, any suggestions?
Old 23-06-2012, 04:24 PM
h0ughy (David)

hey Paul - did you buy one????? LOL well i use the hutech field flattener - i got mine from Mr Massey.... probably get another one very soon for astrofest to use with the ED80
Old 23-06-2012, 05:02 PM
[1ponders] (Paul)
Retired, damn no pension

Yes Dave. I picked up Peter Ridgway's one with the Moonlight focuser and Robofocus. In that case the old WO PFlat II should do the job then.

Hopefully I'll get to AF this year, if they let me out from under the workload rock I've buried myself under that is
Old 23-06-2012, 07:04 PM
whzzz28 (Nathan)

I used my Hutech as well with my ED127, worked fine for sharp stars to the edge.

I finally received my Televue RFL-4087 + adapters last week so ill be using that as well from now on. Its a reducer as well and Moonlight have an adapter that allows you to screw the FF directly onto the focuser.

If you do look at the Televue RFL-4087, keep in mind that it is a 2.4" item and requires adapters to use 2" items. I ordered mine over a month ago, but i believe the wait was for the extension tube and spacers.

Yet to try it and probably won't get a chance to until my CCD arrives. Weather looking average for the next week and ill be out of town for two weeks following
Old 24-06-2012, 06:17 PM
wasyoungonce (Brendan)
Certified Village Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by whzzz28 View Post
....I finally received my Televue RFL-4087 + adapters last week so ill be using that as well from now on. Its a reducer as well and Moonlight have an adapter that allows you to screw the FF directly onto the focuser.....
Would love to see how you go with this...note I have same reducer and spacer system (& 2" filter holder) with custom adaptors for a ML 2.5" CFL DT and same scope.

Not been imaging for some time due to many things, currently building a +12V distribution box (mounted on dovetail) that has DSLR +8V out and 4 port powered USB hub. Also needed +5V supply in this box for the USB hub.

When this is finished...back to imaging.
Old 26-06-2012, 08:57 PM
bojan
amateur

Question Northgroup & Paypal

Northgroup is using hotmail.com for their PayPal account?