Old 10-01-2020, 08:26 PM
Ukastronomer (Jeremy)
Feel free to edit my imag

Film ???

I have decided through interest to start shooting film again, it is on a massive increase with Ilford and Kodak alone bringing out many new films and papers in the past four months.

Does anyone else here shoot film even if just the Moon
Old 11-01-2020, 10:46 AM
gb44 (Glenn)

film

Good on you Jeremy!
It was fun doing that darkroom stuff. Do you actually still have all that gear?
Chemicals, timers quite finnicy.

I didnt know Ilford was still going. Thought Kodak went over to digital ... digital or die sort of stuff.

Still, we received a photo of family from overseas for xmas and its hanging on the wall, its a delight. No computer screen needed.

GlennB
Old 12-01-2020, 09:45 PM
Ukastronomer (Jeremy)

Here is my new darkroom

Ill be doing more film photography of the Moon if we ever see it
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (Dscn0558.jpg)
77.6 KB34 views
Click for full-size image (Dscn0589.jpg)
73.5 KB30 views
Click for full-size image (Dscn0595.jpg)
41.2 KB29 views
Old 12-01-2020, 09:46 PM
Ukastronomer (Jeremy)

https://www.ilfordphoto.com/photographic-paper

https://www.kodak.com/us/en/corp/pre...ng/default.htm
Old 12-01-2020, 10:04 PM
croweater (Richard)
Don't Panic!

Hi Jeremy. Have Kodak etc. made any new innovations in film and paper to entice people back? Or is it a nostalgia thing? Cheers, Richard.
Old 13-01-2020, 12:07 AM
Ausrock (Chris)

"I wish they'd bring 2415Tech Pan back,.
Old 13-01-2020, 12:11 AM
Ukastronomer (Jeremy)

Quote:
Originally Posted by croweater View Post
Hi Jeremy. Have Kodak etc. made any new innovations in film and paper to entice people back? Or is it a nostalgia thing? Cheers, Richard.
Here is the new paper, first for 25 years

https://www.ilfordphoto.com/new-prod...5-120-formats/
Old 13-01-2020, 12:13 AM
Ukastronomer (Jeremy)

To the Delight of Photographers and Filmmakers Everywhere, New EKTACHROME Films to Begin Shipping
Rochester, NY, Tuesday, September 25, 2018 --

Eastman Kodak Company and Kodak Alaris announced today the availability of the highly anticipated KODAK EKTACHROME Film line.

KODAK PROFESSIONAL EKTACHROME Film E100, available from Kodak Alaris, will immediately begin shipping to distributors and stock house dealers worldwide. The new film will initially be available in 135/36x camera format and is expected to be a favorite among professional and enthusiast photographers alike.

KODAK EKTACHROME 7294 Color Reversal Film in the Super 8 format will also be available beginning October 1, 2018 from Eastman Kodak Company. Availability of EKTACHROME products in the 16mm format will follow later this year.

Resurgence in the popularity of analog photography and motion picture film has created demand for new film offerings. “We recently brought KODAK PROFESSIONAL T-MAX P3200 Film back to market, and the response was overwhelming,” said Dennis Olbrich, President – Kodak Alaris Paper, Photo Chemicals and Film. “Based on the response we’re seeing to beta test images on social media, we expect the return of EKTACHROME E100 to be equally well received.”

“EKTACHROME Film was the choice for generations of filmmakers,” said Steve Bellamy, President, Eastman Kodak Company’s Motion Picture and Entertainment Division. “The distinct and unparalleled look of films like Tony Scott’s “Domino” and Spike Lee’s “Inside Man” could not have been achieved without EKTACHROME. We are extremely excited to reintroduce this film to those who know and love it, and to a new generation of motion picture artists.”

KODAK PROFESSIONAL EKTACHROME Film E100 and KODAK EKTACHROME 7294 Color Reversal Film are daylight balanced color positive films, featuring clean, vibrant colors, a neutral tone scale, and extremely fine grain. The distinctive look is well suited to a wide range of applications, such as product, landscape, nature and fashion photography. Kodak also anticipates a strong demand for Super 8 and 16mm products for use in commercials, music films, and features.