Old 27-03-2016, 10:06 PM
glend (Glen)

Dither Settings in BYEOS

I am having a slight dither problem which I suspect is related to calm down period. Running BYEOS using dither, guide software is Metaguide (which is supported in BYEOS), and the mount is a belt drive NEQ6. On some sub timing the shutter seems to open before my Metaguide graph resumes plotting after the dither break. This results in a slight tail on bright stars, it does not happen at the beginning of a sub run and I suspect timing issues build up to the point where shutter action is happening before the mount settles. Any ideas about setting to avoid this? I believe the pixel move was 2 and calm down at 5 seconds. Gap between subs is 10 secs.
Thanks
Old 28-03-2016, 01:21 AM
Camelopardalis (Dunk)
Drifting from the pole

Glen, increase your calm down time until it doesn't happen, it seems too short to me but everyone's mount is different
Old 28-03-2016, 10:04 AM
rustigsmed (Russell)

Yep I cranked mine up as sometimes it worked sometimes it stuffed the next frame, I put it down to my crappy laptop at the time having trouble downloading the file.