Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > Equipment Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 18-08-2018, 02:51 PM
I.C.D (Ian)

Un wanted light

Hi All,
Some time ago I notice I was getting unwanted light on my images ,I now track it down to the focuer .Has any one got any ideas how to solve this with out pulling the scope apart

Ian
Old 19-08-2018, 07:50 AM
ZeroID (Brent)
Lost in Space ....

Insufficient information Ian.
What sort of scope are we talking about here ? Where is it being used ?Where is the light coming from ? Is it an external light leak or is it an internal reflection off some surface ? Would a front light shroud help ? What is your optical train, is some other hardware ( OAG ?) involved ?
Old 19-08-2018, 10:53 AM
JA

Hello Ian,

As per Zero's comment: more info would help-
1. Post the image/s with the extraneous light,
2. Is it DSLR or astrocam? (model?)
3. If a DSLR was used, was the optical viewfinder covered during exposure? Sometimes a light leak is possible around the mirror.
4. Lastly and most importantly - Is there anything you do that changes the nature of the extraneous light on the image, or is it always in the same location, despite changes perhaps to ambient light, camera position, portrait or landscape orientation, different lens or scope, etc...?

Best
JA
Old 19-08-2018, 06:52 PM
I.C.D (Ian)

Hi Chaps yeah I was a little bit slack on info I have Meade LXD 75 with a JMI ev75 focuser.As I said above I had some stray light so yesterday I took a dark shot only to find it was more white then dark. The only place it could from was the focused area so I wrap a bit Of rag around the focused and took another shot and it was darker .So today I strip it down and replace all of the seals hoping I have fix the problem . I will try it tomorrow
Ian