Go Back   IceInSpace > IceTrade Classifieds > IceTrade Archives
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 17-08-2018, 06:26 PM
glend (Glen)

GSO Dual Speed Linear Bearing Newt Focuser

I am parting out my 10" Imaging Newtonian, and this is the focuser that has been used on that scope for the past two years. It is unmarked, in excellent condition. Details are:

This GSO Dual-Speed Linear Focuser for Newtonian reflector telescopes is designed specifically to meet the heavier equipment and stability requirements of astrophotography equipment and heavy eyepieces. The linear stability and repeatable quality of focus reached with this focuser will have you returning night after night for more spectacular views, sharper images, and consistent enjoyment!
Eliminate Focuser Drawtube Slop
In conventional Crayford focusers, the drawtube is held in place by four roller bearings. Because of the small area of contact between the focuser tube and these bearings, changes in load or telescope orientation can cause some amount of slop in the focuser drawtube. The new linear bearing focuser is built with a cutting-edge rail system made of stainless steel which provides extended, consistent, and linear contact with the focusing mechanism and the inside of the focuser body, even when the focuser is fully extended. The result is zero flexure throughout the focus travel range, even in the worst case scenario when the focuser is parallel to the ground and carrying a heavy load such as a large CCD camera. This linear bearing rail mechanism also allows the use of heavier loads (GSO's rated load capacity for their linear bearing focusers is about 9 lbs (4.1 kgs)).

As shown in the photos, the focuser comes with two base plates, one for a tube mount and the other for a flat surface mount (as found on some Newt top sections).

I am asking $100 for this focuser, plus $25 postage to any address in Australia. New focuser prices run from $159 to over $200 without shipping. If your interested in this fine focuser just PM me here at IIS.
Thanks for looking
Glen
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (DSCF1871.jpg)
103.4 KB25 views
Click for full-size image (DSCF1873.jpg)
63.7 KB20 views

Last edited by glend; 21-08-2018 at 12:43 PM.
Old 17-08-2018, 06:49 PM
geolindon (Lindon)

yes please,
regards, L
Old 17-08-2018, 09:45 PM
glend (Glen)

Sale is pending.