Go Back   IceInSpace > IceTrade Classifieds > IceTrade Archives

Old 16-07-2020, 06:52 PM
LewisM
Novichok test rabbit

NEW HEQ5 with Rowan belt modification kit

Well, I couldn't resist - I bought the Vixen SXP listed here in the classifieds - me and Vixen mounts.... so, my NEW HEQ5, with the NEVER INSTALLED Rowan belt mod kit is going up for sale.

This is NOT the newest model - it was a BNIB Vixen-style puck only version, the last Andrews had. I have since done the following custom modifications to the mount (designed by me, fabricated mostly by Stefan Buda for me - these are my preferences so include the original parts too), replacing most plastic parts with aluminium or stainless:

• aluminium polar scope front cap (anodised black)
  • aluminium polar scope rear cap (anodised black)
  • aluminium worm float caps (Takahashi style) - anodised black
  • puck adaptor (black anodised), so you can install your own Losmandy, Vixen or Los/Vixen dual saddle - there is NO saddle fitted to this part, but I do include the original puck which has an integral saddle as well (the nice Chinese silver saddle fits precisely, as does the dual red saddle)
  • stainless steel alt and az screws
  • tripod screws stainless thumbscrews
I will include all the original SW plastic bits as well as the original puck. Also note, I completely removed (and sold) the polar scope from this, so now the mount is EXTREMELY fluid in the RA axis (those awful polar scopes bind up the RA axis, not permitting accurate balancing). This now balances PERFECTLY - a fly could land on it and it would move if you unlocked it

This comes with 2 (yes, 2) hand-controllers - one V3 and a new V5. I have custom modded these with a simple elastic loop (ala truck/ute cover pull straps or boat cover straps) so they can be easily hung from a hook or alt/az bolt etc. Comes with original dinky SW plastic cradle too. This will also come with 2 of the smaller diameter (but same weight) counterweights from the AZ-EQ5 / EQM35, which I installed custom plugs into to allow fitting in this mount (20mm shimmed to 18mm). I have also adjusted the gears and worms and added SuperLube to the gears.

I am also including the Rowan HEQ5 belt modification kit, and this includes 2 spare belts I purchased extra as well as the 4mm pinion gear puller. [I will NOT sell this kit separately at this point unless the buyer does not want it]

PLEASE NOTE: the green Vixen tripod and silver puck shown in the images are NOT included (these are from my other mount) - you'll get the SW tripod. Nor included is anything else in the picture

Original boxes included. This is NEW, been tested ONCE outside my house after I adjusted the gear meshing (it tracks VERY well!). All up, I paid $1350 for the mount from Andrews, $255 for the Rowan kit plus extras, an additional $50 to Andrews for a spare controller (V3), and around $450 in custom parts and stainless bits. You can do the arithmetic. So, my price is...

Pick Up in Canberra - $1500 all included.

Posted Pack & Send or your choice of courier at actual post cost plus a little for my packing expenses.

I am willing to meet in Goulburn also for anyone from the greater NSW/Sydney area. Sorry, not heading towards the Vic border for obvious reasons

I promise I'll make some better pictures in the sunlight tomorrow if you want.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (IMG_1419.jpg)
66.2 KB77 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_1420.jpg)
131.0 KB79 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_1421.jpg)
58.9 KB72 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_1422.jpg)
111.4 KB72 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_1418.jpg)
112.1 KB65 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_1423.jpg)
199.2 KB112 views

Last edited by LewisM; 17-07-2020 at 08:17 PM.
Old 16-07-2020, 07:41 PM
LewisM
Novichok test rabbit

Sale Pending