Go Back   IceInSpace > IceTrade Classifieds > IceTrade Archives
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2017, 08:08 PM
clive milne

Books - Rare, Collectable, Carnegie Galaxy Atlas vol I & II

So you think Hartungs is rare and collectable?..

Well, I have a set of Carnegie Galaxy Atlases to put up for sale...

The print run for this was 1000 copies and was subsidised to make them affordable... even so, they retailed for somewhere around the $300 US mark (if memory serves me correctly) when I bought them new in 1996.

These things are heavy, thick, massive tomes, the page size is between A2 & A3.... way too big for a library shelf

There are minor scuff marks on the covers but the pages and binding are in 'as new condition'

Whilst technology has moved on and better images are available today, these books are a reminder of what raw, professional, scientific imaging was like in the halcyon days of photographic emulsions through the graceful giants on Palomar mountain.

This pair is numbered #638. (out of 1000)

http://s858.photobucket.com/user/Cli...54644.jpg.html

http://s858.photobucket.com/user/Cli...54259.jpg.html

I have a few more pics to upload, and would but for the fact that photobucket has been truculent.. I can email them if it comes to that.

Best offer over $1 (+ postage) come close of play on Sunday 14th - Lunch time in Perth, gets 'em.

... I also have an original copy of Hartungs, Colour of the Stars by Malin & a Springer Verlag print of the Southern skies from the ESO... but they're buried deep, so I'll have to dig them out... I appreciate that these are fairly mundane in the scheme of things, but expressions of interest welcome.

Last edited by clive milne; 22-05-2017 at 07:18 AM.
Old 07-05-2017, 08:57 PM
lhansen (Lars)
My God! Its full of stars

Offer

Hi please
Quote:
Originally Posted by clive milne View Post
So you think Hartungs is rare and collectable?..

Well, I have a set of Carnegie Galaxy Atlases to put up for sale...

The print run for this was 1000 copies and was subsidised to make them affordable... even so, they retailed for somewhere around the $300 US mark (if memory serves me correctly) when I bought them new in 1994.

These things are heavy, thick, massive tomes, the page size is between A2 & A3.... way too big for a library shelf

There are minor scuff marks on the covers but the pages and binding are in 'as new condition'

Whilst technology has moved on and better images are available today, these books are a reminder of what raw, professional, scientific imaging was like in the halcyon days of photographic emulsions through the graceful giants on Palomar mountain.

This pair is numbered #638. (out of 1000)

http://s858.photobucket.com/user/Cli...54644.jpg.html

http://s858.photobucket.com/user/Cli...54259.jpg.html

I have a few more pics to upload, and would but for the fact that photobucket has been truculent.. I can email them if it comes to that.

Best offer over $1 (+ postage) come close of play on Sunday 14th - Lunch time in Perth, gets 'em.

... I also have an original copy of Hartungs, Colour of the Stars by Malin & a Springer Verlag print of the Southern skies from the ESO... but they're buried deep, so I'll have to dig them out... I appreciate that these are fairly mundane in the scheme of things, but expressions of interest welcome.
Old 08-05-2017, 10:54 PM
clive milne

So far I have an offer of $100..
Old 13-05-2017, 07:42 PM
clive milne

Current offer $160

... 1 day to go.
Old 13-05-2017, 09:54 PM
clive milne

Two offers at $200.
Old 13-05-2017, 09:59 PM
clive milne

Incidentally... I am more than happy to show you the condition of these volumes via video link up on skype... it will have to be Sunday morning thogh.
Old 13-05-2017, 10:13 PM
clive milne

@ $210...
and I am off to bed... it's been a full day.

best
~c
Old 14-05-2017, 03:44 PM
clive milne

Ok, I think we're done.

consider them sold.