Go Back   IceInSpace > General Astronomy > Star Parties, Club and Community Events

Old 12-03-2020, 10:19 AM
Andy01 (Andy)
My God it's full of stars

NEAF & NEAIC NYC 2020 cancelled - Postponed...

OFFICIAL STATEMENT

Due to the Coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic, Rockland Community College, the location of the annual Northeast Astronomy Forum (NEAF) announced new restrictions today limiting public campus gatherings to no more than 50 people until further notice.

Because of this development, the 2020 Northeast Astronomy Forum will be held virtually online instead of at Rockland Community College where it has been traditionally held for 29 years. NEAF The Virtual Experience will be held one day only on April 4th, attendees to this historic virtual online event will experience product demonstrations, door prizes, and amazing speakers that have made the Northeast Astronomy Forum legendary. Additionally, the Rockland Astronomy Club will reschedule NEAF at Rockland Community College later this year and NEAIC at the Crowne Plaza in conjunction with NEAF.

https://www.neafexpo.com/

The RAC Team

Dang, I was heading over there in a fortnight to present a couple of talks too - Fully sponsored by QSI as well - oh well - better to be safe & healthy!
Old 12-03-2020, 11:10 AM
Peter Ward
Galaxy hitchhiking guide

Indeed...I was headed to Vegas to catch up with old US friends and attend NAB. Looks like it has been canned as well.