Go Back   IceInSpace > General Astronomy > General Chat

Old 27-07-2020, 02:07 PM
PCH (Paul)

Your Preferred Share Trading Platform?

Hey guys,

... specifically WITHOUT mentioning financial advice in any shape or form, does anyone here have any experience with share trading packages or platforms?

All I’d like to know is which platforms you’ve found to be best and why in a simple sentence.

Most platforms are subscription based, but if anyone has used a free platform/package that you’ve found to be worthwhile taking a look at, I’d like to hear about that too.

All I’m after is suggestions thanks, not advice, as I don’t want to launch into anything against the TOS.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by PCH; 27-07-2020 at 05:17 PM.
Old 28-07-2020, 11:37 AM
inline_online (Dan)

Hi Paul,

I was into options trading quite a while back. I enjoyed it a lot and loved the maths behind it all. Had to give it up as I didn't have enough bank behind me to keep up with subscription and trading fees.

For options trading, you'll need real-time data and you can only get that in Australia with a paid subscription. Our market is too small for organisations to give out free real-time data.

If you're doing shares then you'll be able to get away with delayed data.

The platform I used was called Pulse. It was recommended by the trading desk that I used and I didn't research others at all. It had everything I needed for my limited beginners skills but was also used by the more experienced traders that I spoke to at the time.

Good luck with it all. It is a lot of fun.

Cheers,
Dan
Old 28-07-2020, 02:53 PM
PCH (Paul)

Hi Dan,

Thanks mate, I appreciate your comments. I’m not a newcomer to this but that being said it is quite some years since I’ve been involved. So I imagine that the packages available for trading stocks and options etc will have changed considerably.

So thanks for your thoughts and maybe it will inspire others to chime in with their thoughts and experiences.

All the best
Old 28-07-2020, 05:05 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Hi Paul
Read the comments in the apps both for Pulse and others also check YouTube there are folk there with videos and experiences.
I would be interested to know what you finally select.
Do you just wish to buy and sell long time investments or plan trading on a daily basis with maybe multiple trades in a day?
Alex
Old 28-07-2020, 05:49 PM
PCH (Paul)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xelasnave View Post
Hi Paul
Read the comments in the apps both for Pulse and others also check YouTube there are folk there with videos and experiences.
I would be interested to know what you finally select.
Do you just wish to buy and sell long time investments or plan trading on a daily basis with maybe multiple trades in a day?
Alex
Hi Alex,

Thanks for posting. I was wanting something that’s good for day trading as well as longer term. Basically something in real time, ie NOT delayed, where I can see the stacked up bids and offers as well as volume going thru.

Good idea about checking YouTube thanks, I’m not sure why but I hadn’t thought of that
Old 28-07-2020, 06:02 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCH View Post
Hi Alex,

Thanks for posting. I was wanting something that’s good for day trading as well as longer term. Basically something in real time, ie NOT delayed, where I can see the stacked up bids and offers as well as volume going thru.

Good idea about checking YouTube thanks, I’m not sure why but I hadn’t thought of that
Folk underestimate youtube.. I am now an expert in making Moonshine without having made one batch..but the way it goes some fifth generation Moonshiner makes a 30 minute video and in that 30 minutes you learnt what it took his family five generations to perfect..then you watch ten others doing the same...same with looking for gold...anything really. And plenty of "what Warren Buffet did or is doing...I like him but he is like me not a trader but he has one hundred and fifty billion in the bank whereas I have about one hundred and fifty billion less than him.

I want to set up to do daily trades... I played with a pretend $100k and due to the volatility the virus gave us in 8 days I made a pretend $20 k and it would be nice to be set up for the next crisis .. maybe once in 5 to 8 years but you can make a fortune easily..I was only pretend trading in CBA shares ..if it were real you could not lose as they will recover no doubt...but I have learnt heaps via YouTube.

Alex