Go Back   IceInSpace > General Astronomy > General Chat

Old 28-10-2020, 01:25 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

I have been throwing money at a re ererted roll off roof observatory, Instaling motors to move the roof, and batteries, putting in new floors, lining with foam, removing a lot of trees to get a good view, clearing and making a park, constructed a rather strong pier, cast my own design alluminium connection between the mount and the pier...also purchased a new eq6 mount...and been wishing for rain to get the grass seeds on the cleared land to grow and to fill the new dam...I will be finished in a week so good weather will return then.
Alex
Old 06-11-2020, 11:52 PM
Hemi

Nothing big (although have been looking!) but finally bought some WO binoviewers after getting fed up waiting for baader MB2’s.
First Binoviewers, arrived a week ago, but solid cloud and rain starting on the exact day of delivery after a nice but short clear spell.

Hmph!

Hemi
Old 07-11-2020, 08:51 AM
notoriousnick (Nicholas)

Ordered an F/5 16" Hubble Optics scope this week. That's big for me. Might be quite a few months before it (and accompanying bad weather) is ready and gets here though.