Old 29-07-2013, 10:00 AM
Lee
Colour is over-rated

TS 9mm OAG and lodestar

I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that I must surrender to the flexure gods and just get an OAG....
I'm using a newt, with CCD/filter wheel and a Baader MPCC.... so spacing is critical (and tight!).
I've currently got a 10mm spacer screwed between filter wheel and the MPCC, and this gives me the right spacing between CCD and MPCC. Its actually a couple of mm short, but doesn't seem to affect things on my small chip.
This 10mm spacer lives inside the focuser drawtube.
I have a spare 25mm or so of focuser travel.

The TS OAG is 9mm thick, I assume adaptors will add a bit to this....

Is anyone using the TS OAG with a lodestar - if so, what adaptors do I need to connect reliably??

Any thoughts on the TS OAG? - I've read a few favourable reviews, any local stuff?

I figure if this ends up turning to custard, I'll be able to use it all on whatever refractor/RC I end up replacing the newt with! I really like this scope, I just want round stars....
Old 29-07-2013, 12:01 PM
stanlite (Grady)

what filterwheel are you using ???

what model MPCC are you using ... is it a mark 3? because they have a removable tmount thread which goes to a m48 thread and increases backfocus from 55mm to 57.5mm.

I recently got a SX filterwheel with SX OAG and the mk3 MPCC and the distance is spot on for me Although field testing is yet to occur.
Old 29-07-2013, 12:45 PM
Lee
Colour is over-rated

I'm using an Orion Nautilus, measures 20mm thick. My MPCC is the MkIII, I've taken that ring off, so I should be measuring 57.5mm from the thread shoulder I suppose...
(For such a spacing critical component, they don't sell many different length spacers.)