Old 02-08-2017, 06:52 PM
Brycepj (Peter)

Saving posts

Hi everyone
This probably a silly question sometimes I am technically challenged.
How do I find and save all the post/threads that I have started?.
There have been some great posts and replies to my questions.
Is there away to retrieve and save these..
Thanks
Peter
Old 02-08-2017, 07:49 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

One way
Hold pointer over your avatar or thereabouts top left and a list appears check thru options and I think there is something saying show all posts,started by you...I am not sure but someone will now correct me
Alwx
Old 02-08-2017, 08:33 PM
Nebulous (Chris)

Hi Peter.

Alex is right. You can pull up a list of all your posts that way. Clicking on your name rather than your photo seems to work.

Also, if you look above your post (to the right) you will see a box marked Thread Tools. It has a drop down menu. One of the options is email and another is a printable version.

It's also worth subscribing to a thread that you want to keep up with or refer back to as it keeps a list for you. That options is also under Thread Tools.

Good luck with it.

Cheers,

Chris
Old 03-08-2017, 09:20 AM
Allan_L (Allan)
Member > 10year club

For a slightly different method:
Click on your name, go to your profile.
Select the Tab titled Statistics
You can then select either of:
Find all posts by Brycepj
Find all threads started by Brycepj
Old 03-08-2017, 10:07 AM
AstralTraveller (David)

Another possibility is to copy and paste useful posts into a Word doc. It's more work but also more secure in the long term. At work I have saved some words of wisdom from experts on the instruments I use and still refer to them occasionally even years and decades later. If I had to search mailing list archives I doubt I would find them again. You could have a doc for eyepieces, another for mounts, observing sites etc etc. [Then you compile it all and publish it for those of us who are too lazy. ]
Old 03-08-2017, 02:36 PM
sil (Steve)
Not even a speck of dust

Just an additional tip, I use Evernote to store notes and documents so I can access them from any device any time. Pretty sure its usable as free and think I paid for it too because its so handy for me. They have a web browser plugin that lets you save wep pages in various styles (full page, article, simplified) and thats just awesome for me saving useful forum threads and tutorials or whatever as I encounter them, bookmarks vanish but at least this way I keep the information I want and when I have the time I can sit down on the computer and go through and organise the stuff I've saves, add tags etc.I find it pretty awesome and use it universally for all information now, even whole books, manuals etc as pdfs are in there now rather than using a variety of services or devices this just works well for me. Worth looking at.