Old 21-08-2008, 07:05 PM
strongmanmike (Michael)
Highest Observatory in Oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
hmmm hadnt looked that closely at the other entries
I suspect that quite a few don't realise that you don't need the highest priced equipment to take a great image? Modest equipment, a good eye, perhaps some planning (or luck?) aaaand some talent is all it can take

Of course, have I mentioned that some are buying time on huge proffessional telescopes and getting all the data collected for them to make their images with..?

Mike
Parrot
Old 21-08-2008, 08:11 PM
Alchemy (Clive)
Quietly watching

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongmanmike View Post
Of course, have I mentioned that some are buying time on huge proffessional telescopes and getting all the data collected for them to make their images with..?

Mike
Parrot
noooooooo surely not !!!!!!

i have looked at the site referred to for the malin images, the resolution is well, less than helpful, i will have a look at them when they do the circuit and hold further opinions til i have seen them. I have to go out and buy a new monitor tommorrow as i feel what i am using is letting me down severely given recent comments ( plus i compared side by side on a couple of computers and got quite a shock.).

its been an interesting subject, but ive covered every angle that i thought wasnt quite looked at for the "other side" so thats it for me.