Go Back   IceInSpace > IceTrade Classifieds > IceTrade Archives
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 18-12-2020, 03:11 PM
xthestreams (Paul)
photon disrupter

SkyWatcher EQ8-R (no pier)

$6000 including 3x 10kg counterweights and WiSky module.

Purchased earlier this year, but have since acquired another Paramount.

Sturdy and accurate mount, MUCH quieter than the EQ6-R when slewing (if you're worried about waking the neighbours) and its large Az and Alt handles make it a pleasure to PA, setup and use (I regularly get within a few arc seconds of being PA'd.

It really is hard to describe the jump from EQ6 to this, and compared to my Paramounts ME and MX, it's a really portable package.

Performance wise, I've used it for 2400+mm focal length work and gotten <0.8 arc secs tracking without much hassle.

If you are looking for the original SkyWatcher pier, they're $1200, unused.

I have the original packaging in deep storage, so it might take a while to get to it over the break but it is available.

Note: because I can't abide 12V car power adapters I have modified the original power cable to use Anderson power pole connectors, there are 2x cables included - it also includes a 12V auto to PowerPole adapter.

More pictures available if required, but if you've seen one you've seen them all.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (IMG_3213.jpg)
183.2 KB652 views

Last edited by xthestreams; 29-12-2020 at 08:21 PM. Reason: reformat for clarity
Old 15-01-2021, 01:44 AM
Ziggy18731 (Allan Ziegler)

Do you have the original power cables and/or a 240v power pack adaptor for it? Are you aware if it takes the same weights as the EQ6?

Regards
AZ
Old 15-02-2021, 12:32 AM
xthestreams (Paul)
photon disrupter

Cables yes, modded to use PowerPole connectors. There isn’t a 240V pack with these. A 13.8v supply from Jaycar is the smart choice.