ANZAC Day
Go Back   IceInSpace > Beginners Start Here > Beginners Equipment Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2017, 09:31 PM
LostInSp_ce
Unregistered User

Can't take subs in APT or SGP Pro with Canon DSLR

Everything has been working perfectly for a long time now but last night a bug popped up that has left me stumped. I been using APT for taking subs without any problems. However last night something changed and I can no longer take subs. On start up everything connects as usual. APT knows my camera, connects to it and waits for a plan to execute. So I do exactly what I always do and select my plan then hit 'Start'. The plan begins as it should however the camera doesn't expose. In APT's log window you can see the plan executing (timer is counting away) but the camera doesn't release the shutter. At first I thought this was APT specific but I tried SGP (quietly learning this in my spare time) and the same thing happens.

In SGP the sequence starts, everything connects, it plate solves, centers my target (which is weird because the camera works for this) then starts to take subs (again the timer is counting away) but the camera release the shutter. Now just to make this more frustrating everything works perfectly via the EOS Utility and I can take subs manually.

I'm wondering if this has something to do with the automation process of APT and SGP since EOS Utility works fine. Thought I'd mention that none of these applications are running simultaneously when I'm executing a plan. This happens in both 'Manual' and 'Bulb' modes. I've also tried uninstalling the camera and it's driver, tested USB cable, formatted the camera but this hasn't done the trick.

I'm running Windows 8.1 latest versions of APT and SGP Pro (not beta version) Canon 70D and all drivers are up to date. Any ideas before I give up and nuke the machine?
Old 07-04-2017, 10:45 PM
LostInSp_ce
Unregistered User

Problem solved comport settings had changed in APT.