Old 02-08-2015, 02:00 PM
bugeater (Marty)

Anyone with an Atik One?

I've been looking at the various options for a CCD camera and have come across both the Atik One 6.0 and 9.0. They seem to be a reasonable option, with the integrated filter wheel (though only 5 filter spots unfortunately). Backfocus looks like it will be fine with using an MPCC as well.

But I can't find any actual reviews on either of these cameras and they seem to have been out for some time now. Does anyone have one and would like to comment on their experiences with it?
Old 02-08-2015, 02:19 PM
Atmos (Colin)
Ultimate Noob

I feel your pain. I was looking at them a few months back but struggled to find much on them. They are basically an upgraded version of the 460 and 490 though and they're quite reasonable cameras on their own. There was a review on here somewhere a while back comparing the 460 and 490 with the 460 winning out in most regards. So if you were going to go with one of those two I would go the One 6.0.
Old 07-08-2015, 09:48 PM
LucasB (Lucas)

I have got the Atik 6.0 and it really is a great camera. With the Sony 694 chip it gives very clean images. Although it doesn't have super deep cooling (-37 below ambient I think) you can run it at -10 or even -5 and it is still very clean so it will be fine in the warmer months. It weighs about 900g which is not too bad but that does include the integrated filter wheel. Changing filters isn't a problem, the tool works fine which you stick through the opening and it grips the filters. You can also remove the front as well. Backfocus is only 27mm which is great if things are a bit tight such is the case with Newts.

Regards,
Lucas