Go Back   IceInSpace > Images > Deep Space

Old 21-08-2020, 05:10 PM
Paul Haese

It's got the most

It's a well imaged region! That is an understatement for sure. It does however have the most to view. It has a globular cluster, several galaxies, reflection and emission nebula. It even has dark nebula. It's got it all.

It is NGC6726, NGC6729 and NGC6723. The image contains 12.5 hours of integration. It could do with some more data but overall I am pretty happy with the colour and luminance in the image. It might not be a world beater but again it is one of my favourite areas.

Click here for the larger image.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (NGC6726_LRGB_285_155_160_150_Annotated.jpg)
192.5 KB238 views
Old 21-08-2020, 08:32 PM
Peter Ward
Galaxy hitchhiking guide

I am amazed 50 odd people looked at this and didn't crack a mention.

A dammed fine Corona Paul....I probably would have processed it a little differently, but the data is just so solid and makes processing choices a quibble at best.

Nice one.
Old 21-08-2020, 10:02 PM
TrevorW

Quite like it lots going on there
Old 22-08-2020, 06:50 AM
Placidus (Mike and Trish)
Narrowing the band

As mentioned elsewhere, a wonderful image, with beautiful careful colour. Had a really good look this morning. The globular came out magnificently. We can find three galaxies.
Old 22-08-2020, 07:23 AM
h0ughy (David)

Very cool, smooth and dusty with brilliant details of all the fiddly bits.
Old 22-08-2020, 11:07 AM
strongmanmike (Michael)
Highest Observatory in Oz

A very nice Carona there Paul nice work squeezing the glob in too...probably should'a moved it down just a tad though...just for Andy sake

Mike
Old 22-08-2020, 12:20 PM
Andy01 (Andy)
My God it's full of stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongmanmike View Post
nice work squeezing the glob in too...probably should'a moved it down just a tad though...just for Andy sake
Lol As mentioned on FB I think this looks great Paul.

I think what Mike is referring to though, is just one of my standard compositional recommendations ie: try to avoid bright stars at the edges of the frame, as they can distract from the subject.
(In this case the partially seen blue one at the bottom is the culprit.)

Regardless, wonderful colours and as it continues to rain & cloud over during lockdown here in Melbourne I'm jealous as heck of your conditions!
Old 22-08-2020, 01:50 PM
gregbradley

A wonderful image Paul. Love the stars.
Greg
Old 22-08-2020, 03:14 PM
Nikolas (Nik)
Dazed and confused

stunning image
Old 22-08-2020, 03:36 PM
marc4darkskies (Marcus)
Billions and Billions ...

Nice image Paul!

Shame you lost the structural detail in IC 4812 though. Star glare? Those refl nebs do have some marvellous structure that's worth preserving / teasing out.
Old 22-08-2020, 05:10 PM
strongmanmike (Michael)
Highest Observatory in Oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc4darkskies View Post
Nice image Paul!

Shame you lost the structural detail in IC 4812 though. Star glare? Those refl nebs do have some marvellous structure that's worth preserving / teasing out.
Hmm?...yeah, Marcus is quite right, I thought the reflection neb area was lacking a bit of detail ...you must have it in your data, so I am sure you can have another crack and suck some more out

I recon your glob colour is probably more accurate than most, who tend to display it as kinda white (err?..including me )...although white is better than strong blue I guess?

Mike
Old 22-08-2020, 05:49 PM
Paul Haese

Thanks guys for the comments and constructive critique.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Ward View Post
I am amazed 50 odd people looked at this and didn't crack a mention.

A dammed fine Corona Paul....I probably would have processed it a little differently, but the data is just so solid and makes processing choices a quibble at best.

Nice one.
Thanks Peter, it is a very busy site now, which means not many have time to post just to look. It is also an area that has appeared here many times. So I was not too fussed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Placidus View Post
As mentioned elsewhere, a wonderful image, with beautiful careful colour. Had a really good look this morning. The globular came out magnificently. We can find three galaxies.
Thanks Mike, I could count two. I will have to peruse some more myself. I really like a galaxy hunt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy01 View Post
Lol As mentioned on FB I think this looks great Paul.

I think what Mike is referring to though, is just one of my standard compositional recommendations ie: try to avoid bright stars at the edges of the frame, as they can distract from the subject.
(In this case the partially seen blue one at the bottom is the culprit.)

Regardless, wonderful colours and as it continues to rain & cloud over during lockdown here in Melbourne I'm jealous as heck of your conditions!
This is a crop and reposition. The blue star was well in the field on the base frames but very very distracting. This has been eliminated down to give the least amount of impact from that star. Being adverse to removal of stars myself I just minimized the over whelming glare. I take your point though. I often compose to things to the astronomical norm except when a star is in the way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc4darkskies View Post
Nice image Paul!

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongmanmike View Post
Hmm?...yeah, Marcus is quite right, I thought the reflection neb area was lacking a bit of detail ...you must have it in your data, so I am sure you can have another crack and suck some more out

I recon your glob colour is probably more accurate than most, who tend to display it as kinda white (err?..including me )...although white is better than strong blue I guess?

Mike
Thanks guys. Quite right you are and I have not applied more sharpening to that area. Teasing a bit more out of the dust. It probably needs more integration to pick that faint dust out.

Mike, I was looking also to see if there are any blue stranglers but I could not get any to show. I am guessing this is because of the intervening gas and dust. I had previously shown that cluster as white too. I wonder if the extra colour frames helped with that colour.
Old 22-08-2020, 08:19 PM
Paul Haese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Placidus View Post
We can find three galaxies.
Hey Mike, I redid the annotated image too with PGC galaxies. I was surprised to find 37 galaxies in that field were present.
Old 23-08-2020, 06:08 PM
codemonkey (Lee)
Lee "Wormsy" Borsboom

Looks like you might have put up a reprocessed version on your site Paul? I was thinking the detail in the reflection nebulae looked amazing and was confused as I was scrolling down to see people saying that could use some work. Then I saw the IIS version looked a bit more subdued there.

Anyway, great image, lovely detail in those reflection nebulae and great colour!
Old 23-08-2020, 07:10 PM
Paul Haese

Quote:
Originally Posted by codemonkey View Post
Looks like you might have put up a reprocessed version on your site Paul? I was thinking the detail in the reflection nebulae looked amazing and was confused as I was scrolling down to see people saying that could use some work. Then I saw the IIS version looked a bit more subdued there.

Anyway, great image, lovely detail in those reflection nebulae and great colour!
Thanks Lee,

yes I have done an edit since and hence the confusion. I think I made mention in my last post. I should have said so outright.
Old 25-08-2020, 10:01 AM
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

Top shot. It does have everything even that little face on at 9 o'clock.
Old 25-08-2020, 11:02 AM
Atmos (Colin)
Ultimate Noob

Very nice field Paul, the colour and depth is very well handled. As others have mentioned, the globular has a great colour to it!
When I shot just the globular with the Mewlon last year I did find a few blue stragglers lurking around in there. I can spot a couple in yours but they are more subdued.
Old 29-08-2020, 07:21 AM
Paul Haese

Thanks guys for the comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmos View Post
Very nice field Paul, the colour and depth is very well handled. As others have mentioned, the globular has a great colour to it!
When I shot just the globular with the Mewlon last year I did find a few blue stragglers lurking around in there. I can spot a couple in yours but they are more subdued.
I'll have to take a look at your rendering of the Globular. I think I can see one or two slightly blue stars, so might see if I can confirm that.
Old 29-08-2020, 07:28 AM
Slawomir (Suavi)

Another fantastic image Paul It certainly got the most to view, maybe except for a PN
Old 11-09-2020, 11:33 AM
DaveNZ (Dave)

Great image Paul. Looks like you have that AG12 under control!