Old 08-11-2020, 02:30 PM
offshoresa65s (Michael)

Flatener / Reducer

Hi

I have a APO 115mm, 805mm Focal length, F7 refractor, the place where I purchased it from is offering a matched Flattener / Reducer for aprox $600.

I'll be hooking it up to a ZWO 1600mono.

I see there are cheaper F/R available, the dealer I bought my scope from says his is a matched pair.

I feel I can spend less on another brand, do you think it imperative to go with his suggestions?

Or would a generic F/R for my scope be ok? Multi coatings etc taken in to consideration.

Thnx in advance

O
Old 08-11-2020, 03:11 PM
Nikolas (Nik)
Dazed and confused

You really need to post the brand of the refractor in order for more assistance then we may be able to help with choices
Old 08-11-2020, 08:24 PM
Chris85 (Chris)

Hi Michael, I'm guessing the scope in question is the Sky Rover? I purchased the matching FF/R with my 115 and I found it impossible to use with my optical train as the physical size of reducer itself would foul on my OAG, thus I could never get the required back-focus set right. In the end I purchased the M63 Riccardi reducer from Teleskop Express and it has worked flawlessly. I'd consider looking into other options, depending on what your imaging with.
Cheers
Old 09-11-2020, 11:03 AM
offshoresa65s (Michael)

Hey Nikolas, your pretty near the mark, I am just looking at other brands. I guess the question is that if I get FF/R suited for an F7 I'll be ok. At the end of the day I'll guess I'll just have suck it and see. Thnx O