Go Back   IceInSpace > General Astronomy > General Chat
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2018, 01:41 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Frustration

So I drove up North yesterday with my travelling set up, complete with a new umbrella the shield said set up from the Sun☺.
I made a neat lead to connect the solar panel recently purchased for this set up.
Being careful I thought before connecting everything to run the multi meter over to make sure polarity was right etc but no reading...oh no a bad connection.. so unrapped miles of tape here and there to work out why no current...only to find after all my wonderful work was undone that the solar panel is a dud😠.
Anyways rounded up three small panels which I "borrowed" from the fish ponds☺and jury rigged the three and ran a lead to my control/regulator unit... but they are so small I doubt if they will power up the battery..maybe if the Sun comes out...lucky I bought a small genny recently thru the classifieds here as a back up.

When I arrived last night the sky was perfect but after a ten hour drive I could not muster the energy to set up and image so I hope I have not missed my only chance.
Last trip got a whole 20 minutes.
Maybe I should go back to moto cross where rain and cloud makes things so much more fun.
Alex
Old 12-04-2018, 01:48 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

And talk about noise...there is a plane either poisoning more trees (probably) or crop dusting (unlikely) that is going back and forth adding to the otherwise silent location.
Alex
Old 12-04-2018, 02:09 PM
deanm (Dean)

That plane is laying down chem-trails Alex - you know it!
Dean
Old 12-04-2018, 03:06 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

I think its spraying poison on one of the plantation forests...when they put them in I called it out as a con and I suspect I was right.
The excellent farming land that was planted out...all to get subsidies I suspect in the name of save the planet ... he only now stopped I think I can hear him flying East.
Anyways I expect when all the trees are gone they can plant new ones.
And chem trails half the ding bats west of here are convinced ...one mate read it in his tarot cards.
The clouds seem to be going...oh the plane is back ...And I cant even see it to take a few shots...with the camera....sounds like he is dive bombing I am so sick of it.
Alex
Old 12-04-2018, 05:32 PM
OzEclipse (Joe Cali)

Alex,

Did you see them spraying?

They way they pay the contractors who plant the plantation forests is by the tree. They do aerial photography to enable accurate tree counts. It's possible that's all they are doing.

Joe
Old 13-04-2018, 09:20 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Hi Joe
Whatever the plane is doing its doubtful that it is taking photos it has been an all day event.
From where I am it seems there is only plantation forest and there is no way they spray for pests or to fertilize and given the last time there was a plane doing similar to the South I would say it is more poisoning. ..anyways I dont care the plantation forest was a scam in my view and also in the view of most around here who did not get a job out of it...you only had to look at the figures as the expectations of the value of a tree...anyways no plane so far and thats good as I did not get to bed until 2-30 am.

Alex
Old 13-04-2018, 10:03 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

He is back and to the North (my North) and spraying trees...and I got some photos but thru the nikon with 200 mm lens which I cant download as the lappy it busy processing stuff from last night.
Alex
Old 14-04-2018, 04:28 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Here he is over trees to my North and I bet its not fertilizer.
alex
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (plane.jpg)
184.0 KB35 views
Old 15-04-2018, 09:55 AM
acropolite (Phil)

Plantations need regular spraying with pesticides to keep the bugs at bay. Plantation forestry isn't sustainable.