Go Back   IceInSpace > Beginners Start Here > Beginners Astrophotography
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2018, 03:21 PM
kalon (Kevin)

Hargraves Lookout 2018-10-30

After an interminable time waiting for the weather to clear and the moon to be in the correct position, I made it out on a crisp still night to Hargraves just as astronomical twilight was finishing. Snapped a couple of series and am having a few troubles with DSS - the fisheye effect isn't handled particularly well when I stack more than a half dozen or so images.

I cut back on the numbers and managed to produce this - using my trusty Fujifilm X-Pro1 with my Samyang 12mm lens, this is the result of 4x15" shots, ISO4000, f/2.0 and a smattering of tweaks in GIMP.

I really like the Zodiacal light in this shot. Hopefully I figure out how to get the full 45 shots to play nicely with each other and produce something truly special. Any suggestions would be appreciated

Also, can anyone help me out with how to add a thumbnail and embed the picture rather than the link to my Flickr, for the IiS fora?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/921677...posted-public/
Old 07-11-2018, 05:42 PM
Karlzburg (Karl)
No moon for you!!

Looking pretty good to me, I notice a few nebulae in the shot. I'd say the pic you were trying to put it here was too big, I've put 2mb to be uploaded and IIS cuts it down to 200kb and leaves it full size.