Old 10-05-2011, 10:10 PM
h0ughy (David)

i have a small problem with V1.51 - in 1.40 i got the whole time i set eg like 605sec but i now only get 588 or 590 sec on that san=me setting - nothing else changed only loaded the update
Old 10-05-2011, 10:33 PM
Yoddha

Hi David,

Can you open one of the images (with IrfanView or similar) to see what exposure time is stored in the EXIF section?

I have made many experiments with different ways to measure the timing on PC... Something that I found is that Canon have their own understanding how long 600s are To avoid any problems with the stacking programs and other utilities, APT was changed to rely on Canon's readings. So the exposure is stopped when the camera reports that the desired seconds are reached.
Old 10-05-2011, 11:24 PM
mswhin63 (Malcolm)

I also noticed the timing issue as well, although doesn't really bother me that much but may if the exposure lengths are very long. But it could be the internal clock on the Canon camera that is not timing correctly.
Old 10-05-2011, 11:45 PM
Yoddha

Hi Malcolm,

This issue becomes visible with exposures longer than 100s. I'm 99.9% sure that EXIF reports exactly the duration you have selected, no matter that APT's clock showed shorter interval.

Of course there is 0.1% probability for a bug in this specific case...

I have made tests with one of the most precise methods available on a PC - the multimedia timers, that are made for games and multimedia. They can work with millisecond precision and are with very high priority. 600s by PC's clock are between 601 and 606 seconds by the camera's clock. To resolve this issue APT uses then notifications that camera sends on every second (by its clock) and when the needed count is reached the exposure is terminated.
Old 12-05-2011, 11:33 PM
Yoddha

Hello,

Some great news! APT has Tooltips in Portuguese thank to Nelson Viegas, one of the very first supporters. Many thanks Nelson!

The second news is that Robert Vice was very kind to edit the English version and made it much more understandable and clear. Many thanks Robert!

Both files can be found in the "Downloads" page on APT site.

Now the available translations are : Dutch, Polish, German and Portuguese Also I'm expecting the French one to be finished very soon.
Old 16-05-2011, 09:38 PM
Yoddha

Hello,

Thank to Lola Cello-Kirkham the French translation is a fact As usual you can find in the "Downloads" page. Many thanks Lola!

Ciel clair!
Ivo
Old 27-05-2011, 08:12 PM
Yoddha

The major version 1.60 is taking more time than was planned, so a small update was just released. I want to express my special thanks to Robert Vice and Benjamin Rodriguez for their help in fixing DARV!

Here is the usual list of changes:

2011/5/27 - v.1.53 New features and bug fixes
-Added: RAW only images preview
-Added: Scrollable log panel with all messages since last APT restart
-Added: When a plan is looped (Shift+Start) round number is printed in the log panel
-Added: Support for exposures with duration 0s in order to define complex plans with pauses between the lines
-Added: Sharp Image/LiveView effect in the demo version
-Added: Negative Image/LiveView effect in the demo version
-Added: R, G, B, L histograms in the demo version
-Added: Support for Meade LX200 Classic - slew speed has to be changed from the handset (in full version only)
-Added: Support for Meade Autostar II (in full version only)
-Added: Setting for the number of frames used in LV Stack (in full version only, demo uses fixed value 20)
-Added: Setting to enable/disable LiveView Automation for maximum sensitivity (in full version only, demo uses fixed value ON)
-Added: Settings dialog box is optimized for netbook screen resolutions
-Fixed: DARV - the red circle is displayed on the right place (in full version only)
-Fixed: Rare problem with Digic2 cameras under MS Vista
-Updated: User's Guide document (the new things are in green)

While you are downloading the new version, take a look on our growing Gallery!

It will be great if you join to this initiative!
Old 27-05-2011, 09:12 PM
Visionoz (Bill)

Ivo

Thanks for the update, I like your software - it helps me to image efficiently when using the DSLR

BTW do Paid version owners get a reminder to renew licence?

Cheers
Bill
Old 27-05-2011, 09:22 PM
Yoddha

Thanks Bill!

I'm sending notification mails to all registered users, but it is possible some mails to be blocked by recipient's spam filters.
Old 27-05-2011, 09:25 PM
Yoddha

BTW there are several alternatives to get the APT news - this forum, APT's Yahoo group and APT's forum
Old 28-05-2011, 10:30 AM
Visionoz (Bill)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoddha View Post
BTW there are several alternatives to get the APT news - this forum, APT's Yahoo group and APT's forum

Thanks Ivo

My concern was only if I'd be informed when my licence expires!! Willing to renew that's all

Cheers
Bill
Old 28-05-2011, 05:38 PM
Yoddha

Thanks Bill! There are notifications for renewal one month ahead
Old 18-06-2011, 10:43 AM
Sharnbrook (Mike)

Yoddah (Ivo) has just very generously donated a fully licensed version of his program to be included as a prize in the Queensland Astrofest Raffle. I don't think he can ever go to bed. I wrote to him at 10.15 this morning, and he replied within about 15 minutes. That's 3.15am in Sofia!

Thanks Ivo.
Old 18-06-2011, 03:15 PM
Yoddha

Thanks Mike! It is pleasure and honour for me!
Old 20-06-2011, 07:39 PM
Yoddha

Hello,

Chris was very kind to update the German translation with the latest additions. Many thanks Chris!

The file can be downloaded from APT site.

In the APT Yahoo group or APT forum you can see what will be the new user interface and other news around the upcoming v.1.60
Old 01-07-2011, 11:43 PM
Yoddha

Hello,

On the site you can find a new "beta" version that contains 95% of the things that will come in 1.60. In "Download" page you can find a link "Download beta version".

From Tuesday I'll be on vacation and will not work on APT till am back, so decided to release what I have. The window resizing is not finished and because of that is disabled, there is need to clean some UI bits, to update the tooltips and User's guide, but they will wait till I'm back. The version looks stable, but will suggest you to have a copy of the 1.53 setup in case there are problems

I'll check the mail every day so will be able to respond to all questions

Here are the list of changes and some notes:

- New User Interface. APT has a new look All features are grouped in three tabs Camera, Telescope and Tools. There are no more buttons with icons. Also there is different look for 4:3 and wide screens that gives optimal size of the preview.
- Dropdown lists have scroll-bars that can be used with mouse.
- Shoot button can be used for Bulb exposures. In this mode the anti-vibration pause and long exposure control settings are in use.
- Reminder to put on/off the telescope cap when you switch between Dark/Bias and Light/Flat plans.
- Reminder that Virtual long exposure control and Digic 3 camera combination will lead to amp glow.
- Image browser (in demo version you can't change the folder). You can preview images and use them to build Framing Mask. When you shoot in RAW+L the browser will show only the JPG file because it is faster. If there is no JPG then RAW file will be displayed.
- The images folder will not be changed after midnight.
- The default images folder now is C:\APT_Images\Camera_1. (in the demo version it can't be changed).
- Fixed it the @@@ bug in file naming.
- LiveView automation now uses 30s as exposure time.
- AutoStar section now has Up and Down buttons (full version only).
- Camera status in main window now shows Current/Remaining count during plan execution.
- Camera auto-connection on startup. If the camera is on it will be connected automatically.
- Other small enhancements and fixes.

I'll be very thankful to hear your feedback, opinions and suggestions!
Old 02-07-2011, 01:01 PM
SteveInNZ

Is the DARV function Southern Hemisphere aware ? Or does South=North, East=West for we upside down folks ?
Old 02-07-2011, 04:06 PM
Yoddha

Hi Steve,

North/South difference is not an issue for DARV, but by my opinion there is need to swap the East/West moves.

It will be great if somebody make some tests when the Moon is bigger. I don't want to waste moonless time
Old 21-07-2011, 09:26 PM
Yoddha

I'm very happy to announce that Paolo Cosetti translated APT's tooltips in Italian! As usual you can get the file from Download page of the site.

Many thanks Paolo!
Old 26-08-2011, 09:12 PM
Yoddha

Finally APT 1.60 is here! Thank you for all your patience and help! The usual list of changes is:

2011/8/26 - v.1.60 New features and bug fixes
-Added: New User Interface. APT has a new look. All features are grouped in three tabs Camera, Telescope and Tools. Also there is different look for 4:3 and wide screens that gives optimal size of the preview.

-Added: Restore window mode and window resizing.

-Added: Keeping restored window position and size between APT restarts

-Added: Multi-monitors support. APT can moved through the monitors while is in restored mode.

-Added: Possibility to select bigger User Interface fonts for notebooks with big screen resolution and small display (full version only).

-Added: Dropdown lists have scroll-bars that can be used with mouse.

-Added: Shoot button can be used for Bulb exposures. In this mode the anti-vibration pause and long exposure control settings are in use.

-Added: Reminder to put on/off the telescope cap when you switch between Dark/Bias and Light/Flat plans.

-Added: Reminder to stop EOS Utility.

-Added: Reminder that Virtual long exposure control and Digic 3 camera combination will lead to amp glow.

-Added: Image browser (in demo version you can't change the folder). You can preview images and use them to build Framing Mask. When you shoot in RAW+L the browser will show only the JPG file because it is faster. If there is no JPG then RAW file will be displayed.

-Added: The images folder will not be changed after midnight.

-Added: Possibility to group the images, by Plan Type, Object Name or both (full version only).

-Added: Temporary images storage to cooperate better with Deep Sky Stack - Live.

-Added: The default images folder now is C:\APT_Images\Camera_1. (in the demo version it can't be changed).

-Added: AutoStar section now has Up and Down buttons (full version only).

-Added: Camera status in main window now shows Current/Remaining count during plan execution.

-Added: Exposures table will highlight the currently executing plan line and show progress.

-Added: Camera auto-connection on startup. If the camera is on it will be connected automatically.

-Fixed: the @@@ bug in file naming.

-Fixed: LiveView automation now uses 30s as exposure time.

-Fixed: Other small enhancements and fixes.

-Updated: User's Guide document (the new things are in green)

Take a look on our growing Gallery. You are welcome to share your images with our community!