Old 05-05-2018, 09:33 PM
Atmos (Colin)
Ultimate Noob

Angry Bird

Had this little Angry Bird sitting on a branch outside my front door yesterday. Didn't seem bothered with me moving around but at some angles.... A super Angry Bird.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (DSC_1509.jpg)
84.4 KB72 views
Old 06-05-2018, 12:18 PM
astroron (Ron)
Supernova Searcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmos View Post
Had this little Angry Bird sitting on a branch outside my front door yesterday. Didn't seem bothered with me moving around but at some angles.... A super Angry Bird.
You have sure captured this little guy well.
I call them the Bover Boys of the parrot world,yes they can be very aggressive at times,especially when it comes to food.
Cheers
Old 12-05-2018, 05:36 PM
dpastern (Dave Pastern)
PI cult member

Cheeky looking lori. They can appear to be cranky with their aggressive and loud squawking, but they're generally speaking very social and quite relaxed around humans. And, very cheeky and mischievous.

And, as Ron has said, they can be aggressive when it comes to food. I have 2 as pets.
Old 12-05-2018, 05:48 PM
Atmos (Colin)
Ultimate Noob

I took about 30 shots of the bird as it was moving about on the tree. Many of them aren't quite sharp as it kept moving and I couldn't get a quite good enough shutter speed. It was just this particular shot that it looked like it was a really angry bird
Old 12-05-2018, 07:34 PM
dpastern (Dave Pastern)
PI cult member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmos View Post
I took about 30 shots of the bird as it was moving about on the tree. Many of them aren't quite sharp as it kept moving and I couldn't get a quite good enough shutter speed. It was just this particular shot that it looked like it was a really angry bird
yup, he or she does look a wee bit angry I agree! They can give quite bad nips if you tick them off. Both of mine have nipped me, drawing blood. They sometimes just get very excited and hip hard without meaning to hurt you.