Old 18-11-2018, 07:58 AM
TareqPhoto (Tareq)

Best quality monitor?

What is the best monitor to buy for photos/images processing and editing? i want it to have a nice high quality for colors and i prefer it is not glossy at all, i don't want it for gaming if that is what you are going to recommend or guess, thanks
Old 18-11-2018, 08:11 AM
RickS (Rick)
PI cult recruiter

Eizo and NEC make high-end monitors for accurate colour processing if you want best quality but there are cheaper options that are also very good. Take a look at https://imagescience.com.au/products...ecommendations for a start.

Cheers,
Rick.
Old 18-11-2018, 08:28 AM
TareqPhoto (Tareq)

Ok, then i should focus on Eizo and NEC models, thanks
Old 18-11-2018, 08:29 AM
TareqPhoto (Tareq)

I want it to be at 30"-32" range only, and not ultra-wide type.
Old 18-11-2018, 08:39 AM
RickS (Rick)
PI cult recruiter

I have a NEC PA302W which I really like for image processing. It's 30" and 2560x1600 pixels. If you do buy a high end monitor make sure you get a decent monitor calibrator as well (unless you get a very high end monitor with a calibrator built in...)
Old 18-11-2018, 09:00 AM
TareqPhoto (Tareq)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickS View Post
I have a NEC PA302W which I really like for image processing. It's 30" and 2560x1600 pixels. If you do buy a high end monitor make sure you get a decent monitor calibrator as well (unless you get a very high end monitor with a calibrator built in...)

I looked at this model since years but it was very expensive, but now if i am expecting a good budget hopefully to buy many items then anything is possible, so i can think again about NEC displayed, and i do have monitor calibration, 2 actually but old versions, i am planning to sell them and get a new one [although i can buy the new one without selling but then it is pointless to keep the old ones then].

This model you mentioned is like the perfect replacement to my old reliable monitor, Apple Cinema Display, it served me very well all those years, but it is time to let it go, in fact its connectivity is what made me to hate it, it need kind of many cables and a special converter, so i will try to replsce it in no time once i get a budget, and i really wish i can sell it so i can feel i bought new monitor at a bit discounted price [unless my daughter will decide to use it for herself then i will keep it for her]
Old 20-11-2018, 07:43 AM
sil (Steve)
Not even a speck of dust

You really need a grey shroud too which i think is available for Eizos as your room lightng and walls effects your perception, if you're serious about photo editing at least.
Old 21-11-2018, 08:21 AM
TareqPhoto (Tareq)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sil View Post
You really need a grey shroud too which i think is available for Eizos as your room lightng and walls effects your perception, if you're serious about photo editing at least.

I will do that, until now i didn't use that on my Apple Cinema Display, and i can't remember if my old small Eizo monitor has it, or if so then i never used it yet, after all the Matte finish of the monitor did help a lot and that is why i try to avoid glossy ones very much.
Old 21-11-2018, 01:22 PM
Stonius (Markus)

Also, you'll need a Spyder or similar calibration device to make sure you're getting what you think you are.

A spyder can vastly improve underperforming monitors too!

I have Eizo's, FWIW. Very happy. No problems with them.

Best,

Markus
Old 21-11-2018, 11:24 PM
TareqPhoto (Tareq)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonius View Post
Also, you'll need a Spyder or similar calibration device to make sure you're getting what you think you are.

A spyder can vastly improve underperforming monitors too!

I have Eizo's, FWIW. Very happy. No problems with them.

Best,

Markus

I have two versions of Spyder calibration device, but i am thinking to sell them both and buy a new one, mainly i am thinking about X-Rite one over DataColor i don't know why, i still have time to think, and i can easily buy another calibration as long i can afford the monitor anyway, and sometimes they include something as calibration with the monitor itself, will see if they will include one of what i gonna buy or i buy it separately.