ANZAC Day
Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > Equipment Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2017, 08:38 PM
that_guy (Tony)
Local Korean Millennial

Are these any good?

Hi guys, looking for portable power options that can power the mount and charge my laptop out in the field. My current choice were the SCA 4cyl jump starter pack but I came across this while searching. These look a bit more portable than the jump starters and have inbuilt inverters for charging my laptop. Does anyone own these that can let me know on how they hold their charge and any special care I should be taking with them compared to the jump starter?

thanks
Old 18-05-2017, 01:09 AM
AEAJR (Ed)

Your link doesn't work
Old 18-05-2017, 01:35 AM
LewisM
Novichok test rabbit

These: http://www.annke.com/annke-magic-ene...ower-bank.html

I have no idea, but I read your link which suggested Sirius was selling these (no longer, as they are removed from their site now)
Old 18-05-2017, 10:41 AM
that_guy (Tony)
Local Korean Millennial

oh aha, didnt expect people to respond to the thread after a week. i did end up buying it. so i assume i bought the only unit . if anyones interested ill test it out in the field and report back. I'm not expecting much out of it but it was lighter and more compact than car jump packs i was looking at. not gonna lie, i was kind of dissapointed at the lack of information on this product. For example, how to charge the damned things and whether or not the two modules are linked so i can use the full 30aH. I'll probably only use it to power my mount. not sure how long it would last if i charge my laptop also
Old 18-05-2017, 11:59 AM
rrussell1962

Sounds like you bought the one with 2 batteries and the inverter. I bought the single battery a few weeks ago and it works fine. Powers the mount for a couple of nights. To be on the safe side I use another Lithium source for dew control when I need to.