Old 29-04-2008, 10:25 AM
StevenA (Steven)

Fonts

Are there any small add on programs out there which contains astronomical symbols to augment the fonts on my computor. (eg. The symbols which designate planets and minor planets.etc. ) There are no equivalents on the font symbols contained my word processor and it could make life a little easier if there is a simple add on. I am not sure if I have made my question clear enough, as i am more or less computor illiterate and I'm.... slowly learning how to do things. (Ah that fixed that prob'.) In fact I am not even sure I have posted this correctly?????? Oh well! Here goes! StevenA
Old 29-04-2008, 11:26 AM
Kokatha man

jeez.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenA View Post
Are there any small add on programs out there which contains astronomical symbols to augment the fonts on my computor. (eg. The symbols which designate planets and minor planets.etc. ) There are no equivalents on the font symbols contained my word processor and it could make life a little easier if there is a simple add on. I am not sure if I have made my question clear enough, as i am more or less computor illiterate and I'm.... slowly learning how to do things. (Ah that fixed that prob'.) In fact I am not even sure I have posted this correctly?????? Oh well! Here goes! StevenA
Jeez Steven, I have trouble remembering how to access all the other text/font stuff that's already on my pc - like "degrees" symbols et al: as well as decipher the lols and btws etc: now you want us old fellas to try and decipher symbols amongst everything else....! Oh well, it's a young person's world I guess.....

Cheers, Darryl.
Old 29-04-2008, 03:21 PM
renormalised (Carl)
No More Infinities

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenA View Post
Steve, I'm sorry to say that I don't think there is any font of that description floating around, but I could be wrong.

Give me a sec' and I'll go and see if I can find one

Just found a site (actually a forum) that might help you out...

http://www.typophile.com/node/38682

Last edited by renormalised; 29-04-2008 at 03:32 PM.
Old 29-04-2008, 03:39 PM
snowyskiesau

I've downloaded a free symbol font from here that works for me.

Warning: I run Linux so haven't tested it under Windows but it's a TTF file so should work OK.