Go Back   IceInSpace > General Astronomy > General Chat
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 17-10-2017, 09:40 AM
Tropo-Bob (Bob)

Polls

I won't participate in them; I just hang up the phone.

I don't want governments run by polls, which sell newspapers, but are very open to distortions and manipulations.

In addition, Polls have been wrong, as shown by results in the last few years.

Keep Governments guessing and on their toes to serve us properly, rather than taking populalist shortcuts.

(Kindly keep replies polite or this thread could disappear really fast. Rationally argued opinions are especially welcomed.)
Old 17-10-2017, 10:38 AM
FlashDrive (Poppy)
Senior Citizen

I won't do them either ..... I've had a few ' robotic ' phone calls regarding politics .... I just ' hang up .

Col...
Old 17-10-2017, 10:45 AM
billdan (Bill)

I'm the same I won't do Polls, or customer feedback emails.
along the lines of "thank you for purchasing from us, please take 5 min's to give us feedback on your experience"
Old 17-10-2017, 12:24 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Now if we all got together and presented a structured general reply we may create a yet unheard of demographic.

Havent had a poll call for a while but 7 solar panel calls.
I dont hear them out so I cant say what they are up to.
alex
Old 17-10-2017, 03:59 PM
jimmyh1555 (James)
jimmyh1555

polls

Not so much polls, but I am fed up with emails asking me what I thought of their service, what I thought of their product etc. Even Australia Post is at it. I get a bloomin' parcel (a week late from the mainland) and they want to know my opinion which they "value" so much. I got a new astro camera recently, and hardly had I ripped off the wrapping paper, than there was an email asking me to do a review of it! I have also stopped filling them out. They are clogging up my emails
Old 17-10-2017, 06:04 PM
brian nordstrom (As avatar)

Me to , if I don't know the number I won't answer and I have noticed that lately tactics have changed as they are now leaving quite funny messages like. , Jackie thanks for the interest in the job. , please bla bla bla,,, trying to get a bite .
Gotta hate em !.

On that my beautiful wife being a nice person made the mistake of replying to many and she was swamped by these leeches. , we had to get her a new number,,, she has learned.

It's out of control all this cold calling.

Brian.
Old 17-10-2017, 09:49 PM
SkyWatch (Dean)

If there is more than a 1 sec delay before a voice comes on I usually hang up, because it is caused by the computer in the call centre that is making mass calls passing it on to someone to talk to me.

The ones that tell me that they are the Microsoft service centre ringing out of the goodness of their heart to tell me that my computer is faulty are pretty cool. I have a Mac...

Most of these leeches (good word there Brian!) hang up very quickly when I say that I don't like talking to criminals who are trying to extort me.

Actually the ones I hate the most are the political robot calls, that start with a cheery pre-recorded Malcolm Turnbull or Bill Shorten or whoever saying "Hi, it's Malcolm Turnbull here..."
A great way to lose my vote!
Old 18-10-2017, 11:27 AM
sil (Steve)
Not even a speck of dust

I havent answered my phone for years, never will unless I'm expecting a specific call at a specific time, if they're late i dont answer. I think we need Australia to be properly democratic, ie the politicians are responsible to the public. Have a green button and red button in every home, politicians wear a special collar and when lots of green buttons are pushed the collar dispences a yummy after dinner mint, but when red its fire ants. Reckon we can train them to do their jobs in no time.